'Platinum plugs'

linkster

+VAT?

Sounds about normal, seem to remember something about this company (cant remember if good or bad :wacko: )

Ask them how much if you provide your own oil, plugs etc (Service kits available from Envy and Opie)

Also, seem to remember the P3 being a rip off...You only need P2..

Your not that far from Cambridge (2 hours is nothing in a Zed!!) and I would recommend going to Marshalls in Cambridge as they will look after you and your car!

+VAT?

Sounds about normal, seem to remember something about this company (cant remember if good or bad :wacko: )

Ask them how much if you provide your own oil, plugs etc (Service kits available from Envy and Opie)

Also, seem to remember the P3 being a rip off...You only need P2..

Your not that far from Cambridge (2 hours is nothing in a Zed!!) and I would recommend going to Marshalls in Cambridge as they will look after you and your car!

I was expecting a P3 but they've said it needs a P1 owing to its age :headhurt:

That makes no sense at all - why would they have told me at 36k that I need a P1 when the manual says P3? And charged over £400 including plugs?

Prices of P1, P2 and p3 vary greatly from place to place.

PETROL AND DIESEL ENGINES WITH A 9000 MILE SERVICE INTERVAL

TRAVELLING LESS THAN 18,000 MILES PER YEAR

The table below will show you how to decide which service is due on your vehicle.

You should read the table from the left hand side. In the first column, you can see that the first service is due at either one year

or 9000 miles. When you reach either of these milestones, your vehicle is due for its first service. The type of service is shown

on the bottom line. In this case it will be a P1 service. The P1 service checklist is shown on the opposite page.

Once this service has been performed, the next service is due when you reach 2 years or 18,000 miles. This is a P2 service

(again, the checklist is shown opposite). At three years or 27,000 miles, whichever you reach first, another P1 service should

be carried out and so on throughout the vehicle’s life.

Some additional service items are shown in the right hand corner of the service checklist. These items will be carried out in addition to

the standard services when required.

1 Year or

9,000 miles

P1

2 Years or

18,000 miles

P2

3 Years or

27,000 miles

P1

4 Years or

36,000 miles

P3

5 Years or

45,000 miles

P1

6 Years or

54,000 miles

P2

7 Years or

63,000 miles

P1

8 Years or

72,000 miles

P3

9 Years or

81,000 miles

P1

10 Years or

90,000 miles

P2

If I understand you correctly then the fact that my Zed is five years old takes precedence over the fact that it has reached 36k? But on that basis I don't need a P3? That still confuses me - surely I need a P3 as it has never had one and has now reached the requisite conditions. But it must be right.