Tyre Help

xStric9x

Hi all.

I've noticed that i've got a nice big nail in my tyre wall which unfortunately means i need to replace both back tyres.

I'm currently running on falken 452's but my good friend is unable to get these in at the moment and apart from the higher prices tyres he can offer me falken ze912's or maxis.

Does anybody have or has run on these? as i'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

Mike

Falken 912's are an asymmetric tread pattern, so having the rears asymmetric and the fronts directional is not ideal but it is the right way round to do it if you have to.

Pirelli fit tyres this way OE to quite a few high performance cars (P Zero system)

I would steer clear of Maxxis, they're made by Cheng Shin a Chinese budget tyre manufacturer.

I take it you are on 18" wheels and need 245/45W18?

If so I have tried to get hold of the 452's for you, but the main importer into the UK hasn't got any and it looks like they are about 6 weeks away.

I hope this helps

Kings

Falken 912's are an asymmetric tread pattern, so having the rears asymmetric and the fronts directional is not ideal but it is the right way round to do it if you have to.

Pirelli fit tyres this way OE to quite a few high performance cars (P Zero system)

I would steer clear of Maxxis, they're made by Cheng Shin a Chinese budget tyre manufacturer.

I take it you are on 18" wheels and need 245/45W18?

If so I have tried to get hold of the 452's for you, but the main importer into the UK hasn't got any and it looks like they are about 6 weeks away.

I hope this helps

Thanks bud :thumbs:

Guess i will try the falkens then.

Kings

Sorry, I feel like a broken record but we all have our choice...

For the money your spending on those wooden Chineese hoops you could be running about on a set of Avons, the ZZ3 really are a good tyre, better than the price suggests...

+1 :thumbs:

They dont last to long though

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on driving style and experience as to what people find good.

All of mine and friends experience of Avons has been bad, i thought they were utter tripe, same for toyos.

The Falkens were OK for budget, but still are not a good tyre, especially in the wet.

The Vreidesteins i have now are brilliant, a fair whack more cash than the falkens, but i wont be buying falkens again after experiencing these.

Another very good, but under rated tyre - Uniroyal Rainsports. I have only praise for these. :thumbs:

adrian, completely agree with everything there. had same experiences, apart from i haven't tried the falkens, but heard similar from other people who have tried them on a track.

hence why i have the vredesteins, still to fit them, but heard nothing but praise.

uni royal have a good rep,