Is my bluetooth adapter knackered?

Wookiee22

Recently bought a secondhand BT adapter from a member on here, got around to installing it yesterday but have run into a bit of a problem. When it slots into the cradle the LED on top goes red (occasionally blinks off) which I understand means it has made a connection, however my phone (a C905) doesn't find it when I try to connect. Have tried a different model handset, same result.

Am I missing something obvious? My search on here hasn't come across anyone with the same issue!

Sorry if you have already done this, but in "search audio enhancements" does it not find the connection. How about "paired devices", I had trouble at first and I was following the instructions that came with the adaptor. Eventually I found the place where the 350Z setting was but unfortunately I don't know where I put the instructions :blush:

Sorry if you have already done this, but in "search audio enhancements" does it not find the connection. How about "paired devices", I had trouble at first and I was following the instructions that came with the adaptor. Eventually I found the place where the 350Z setting was but unfortunately I don't know where I put the instructions :blush:

In the bluetooth menu on the phone I select 'new device' and it commmences a search, but it then comes up with 'No Bluetooth devices found'. This method worked for pairing with my laptop and headset, I'm not aware of any other way to do it!

have you got the instruction booklet for the adapter? If you need I'll scan it in tomorrow and post it tomorrow night. I just bought mine last week and it paired up straight away... although the control unit was a german one, so had to replace that... Know anyone who wants a German language control unit?

Anyone got any bright ideas? I'm stumped!

Sit in the car with your phone ready to search for a bluetooth device and then insert your car keys in the ignition. Turn the key once and then press search device on the phone and then turn the key again, do not start the engine.

This should work but sometimes can take a couple of attemps.

:thumbs:

have you got the instruction booklet for the adapter? If you need I'll scan it in tomorrow and post it tomorrow night. I just bought mine last week and it paired up straight away... although the control unit was a german one, so had to replace that... Know anyone who wants a German language control unit?

Thanks mate, I appreciate the offer. I'll have a crack using Pimm's advice and then if that doesn't work, I'll be in touch!

I think there is a 30 second window to connect your phone from the time you turn your keys in the ignition ...

I've tried to switch my bluetooth on after driving for some time and it never connects ... The best way is to Make sure that the Bluetooth is switched On .. and then turn the keys ... Pair it with the car and from then on it should automatically find it as long as the phone's bluetooth is switched on.