Meos 7 - Double DIN unit on Ebay - £200

captain

Never seen one, but looks good.

The only things I don't like about it:

> It slightly sticks out and won't be flush to the centre console

> It can fold away (not really a problem if you can get it to stay flat, which won't be hard)

> The USB MP3/iPod adaptor is at the front - so where would you end up putting the iPod? I have a single DIN and the gap underneath is really handy for putting my wallet / iPod / phone in the gap below. If you were to plug a music player into it, you now have to find a place for it (probably with cable running down the front of the centre console).

The software and features look fantastic though!

The only issue i would see is the Sat Nav is optional!

"The navigation engine can be controlled directly using the Meos MC702B touch screen. Navigation module sold separately. "

If this and the reversing camera are around 200 then i would go for Nurrishs system on here!

True - but Nurrish's system needs a head unit to get decent sound so £450 for his system plus £150 for a head unit - £600 in all. :scare:

Plus - I don't really need Sat Nav - a £9.99 AA map in the car and Google maps before I leave is fine for me and I've been reversing for nearly 30 years without getting in any difficulty so the reversing camera doesn't appeal either. :yawn:

Any other opinions?

the only thing i might see as a problem is the wiring up behind,

things like the pioneer units and alpine etc all have adapter harnesses you can buy that make fitting easy, i don't know if they do one for that headunit, and if it would still allow you to use the steering wheel controls. you might need to go to a pro to get that fitted

WOW im really into this and also possibly the other units from this company too. Im just affraid that the old saying you get what you pay for doesn't apply here.

Done a bit of snooping and someone on the golf forum has had one and it seems to be fine but need more reasurance for me to take the plundge.

ANUBIS the ipod connection is at the back, the front one is just a usb connection for flash drives.

check this web site http://www.wedodigital.co.uk/in-dash-dvd/

Gilly

Ive experienced a fair bit of Audio and without sounding like a namebrand whore you really do get what you pay for. These cheap units are nearly always made in same factory and albeit advertised with tons of flashy features theres usually a reason why they are so cheap, badly made, fall apart, things stop working, not great amplification etc.

It should do the job but its far off being up with the best, hence why alot of the decent alpine/sony even kenwood ones go for up to and and over £1000.

But like i said it will do the job just depends what you are wanting out of it.

I wouldnt want to run a large system off of it i don't think it would handle it very well, but to buy as just a flash headunit on its own its probably well worth the price. :)