P3 Due, need some parts advice

srobrien

Hey, I will probably be putting the zed in for a joint P3 and MOT in November and need some advice on which parts to choose.

My car is 4 years old with 26000 miles on the clock, so what would you suggest to buy for the following:

Engine Oil:

Gearbox Oil:

Diff Oil:

Oil Filter:

Spark Plugs:

Coolant: (Replaced that a few weeks ago after fitting samcos)

Anything i've missed?

Cheers

R

Personally i'd use envy, as they have a full p3 service kit

Engine Oil: i've ordered royal purple 5w30

Gearbox Oil: didn't need it not due till higher milage

Diff Oil: same as above, think its 56 k

Oil Filter: power enterprise

Spark Plugs: again, didn't order not needed till about 56k

Coolant: ordered nissan oem stuff

but am changing the brake fluid: having millers put in i think as my place get a good deal on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I will probably be putting the zed in for a joint P3 and MOT in November and need some advice on which parts to choose.

My car is 4 years old with 26000 miles on the clock

R

I'm in a similar situation, 4 year old zed with 24,000 on the clock... I'm changing the oil, oil filter, brake pads, but was also considering changing some of the filters. I was going to change the air filter for a K&N one, and was looking into the cabin air filter, but I couldn't find a replacement listed anywhere. Are these usually lifed, do you have to clean them out, or can you buy replacements anywhere?

Any ideas guys? also is there anything else that should be changed?

Cheers folks... :wave:

There's no cabin filters in a zed :thumbs:

:blush:

I was starting to suspect that...

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

So if I've got a slight odour in the cabin when the air conditioning is not switched on, any ideas that may be?

That could be wind ;):lol:

I suppose it is more noticable after a night on the ales... :drunk:

odour is an easy one, if the aircon is used on re circulation it gets a build up of mildew and other bacteria etc, go to halfrauds and get a can or air con cleaner. its like a gas grenade you let it off in the ca rwith the windows up and the aircon on and it should kill off the nasty stuff, i've done one can and its pretty much perfect, although you might need to do it a second time about a month later just to finish the job.

my advice would also be to make sure it takes air from outside, and not to use the re circulation setting

odour is an easy one, if the aircon is used on re circulation it gets a build up of mildew and other bacteria etc, go to halfrauds and get a can or air con cleaner. its like a gas grenade you let it off in the ca rwith the windows up and the aircon on and it should kill off the nasty stuff, i've done one can and its pretty much perfect, although you might need to do it a second time about a month later just to finish the job.

my advice would also be to make sure it takes air from outside, and not to use the re circulation setting

Cheers Biscuit, will give it a go, can't hurt!

Your a fountain of knowledge Rich.... An asset to the forum :thumbs:

I would have said.......

"odour is an easy one, go to Mr Pattells Auto shop on the corner of Birchover way and get yourself a magic tree for .99p" :D

I guess thats why your a teacher and I just lay Tarmacadam for a living :blush:

i just spend to long on here,

someone else would have posted up that answer for me when i asked it months ago, i've remembered, and then shared the information. :blush:

I guess everyone was a newbie once... Got my first service coming along as a zed owner early November, and going to do it myself (under a Mechanic in the family's supervision). Bricking it!! :scare: I've changed pads before, but thats about the limit so far...

Will deffo be taking a few ics though while its up on the ramp...