http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

which either means they are uber new, or uber cheap, or both. :lol:

personally i'd go the tried and tested route

falken 452's

toyo T1r

Vredestein ultrac sessantas

Michelin pilot sport 2's

bridgstone re050's

they are the most regualrly mentioned brands, and most used on here.

I have toyo's on the front and i like them. My g/f dad is a director of a tyre distribution company and i was trying to get some cheap :teeth: toyo from him £128 (not bad). He suggest these tyres and said they were pretty good and wer only £55, i havent taken him up on the offer - just not sure you can make a goo dtyre for that money :headhurt:

Generally its down to how they perform in wet conditions, braking especailly.

There was a test done earlier in the year where Continentals were put up against 5 different budgets tyres, one fact that stood out to me

"The Linglong equipped VW Golf Autocar used for its tests was still doing 27.8mph at the point where it had stopped on the Continentals"

You would find they would wear out quicker but not offer good levels of dry weather grip.

As an example I've had 2 x Pirelli P Zeros on the rear of mine, the level of grip is great, but the payoff is they wore out in 6k miles!!

No matter how carefully you drive, you cannot plan for the unexpected, you could be driving well within your limits & the cars limits, someone pulls out infront of you, i'd rather be stopped than doing almost 30mph!

At the end of the day it's a personal choice, I would never skimp on the 4 tiny footprints of rubber that keep you on the road.