Chrome Grill

Neil

Has anyone bought / fitted these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-350-Z ... dZViewItem

Are they cheap and nasty? (I know they are cheap!)

Anyone got any better suggestions please?

Many thanks

Neil

(PS Fitted my EBC Red Stuff Pads by the way - doddle ;) thanks everyone for your advice)

I had it on my previous Zed:

Forsalepic007.jpg

I thinks its pretty good but you can get this stuff from Halfords much cheaper :thumbs:

Thanks mate...

I was beginning to feel like ' Billy no mates' for a while ;)

Do Halfords sell standard lengths and I have to cut to size?

Last question...promise :D

Neil

Not actually sure about the lengths as I actually got mine off eBay too. Im sure M1k3y got his from halfords?

Has anyone bought / fitted these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-350-Z ... dZViewItem

Are they cheap and nasty? (I know they are cheap!)

Anyone got any better suggestions please?

Many thanks

Neil

(PS Fitted my EBC Red Stuff Pads by the way - doddle ;) thanks everyone for your advice)

Have alook here Neil been discussed before ...looks good on the car :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ords+grill

I bought from autogrilles,,, what can I say..... Took an age for delivery, Good communication throughout :) Kit arrived fitted and fell off after two weeks also started bubbling :angry: Contacted them several times but once feedback was left they weren't interested :rant:

Thanks Everyone...

I'm off to Halfords ;)

Neil

You'll need a hairdryer to warm the stuff up to get it nice and flexible. Also may be handy to have some superglue. Some members have had it lift off in the corners where it bends at quite an acute angle. Little dab of superglue and it will sort it aswell as sticking your hand to the grill :scare:

Thanks Everyone...

I'm off to Halfords ;)

Neil

You'll need a hairdryer to warm the stuff up to get it nice and flexible. Also may be handy to have some superglue. Some members have had it lift off in the corners where it bends at quite an acute angle. Little dab of superglue and it will sort it aswell as sticking your hand to the grill :scare:

Mike, when you fitted yours did you find you got enough surface area on the leading edges of the grill bars to get the chrome strip to stick? I have bought the 7mm stuff from Halfords, but have been wary about trying to fit it for that reason. At 7 mm it is certainly wider than the thickness of the grill bars.

Jim

Thanks Everyone...

I'm off to Halfords ;)

Neil

Mike, when you fitted yours did you find you got enough surface area on the leading edges of the grill bars to get the chrome strip to stick? I have bought the 7mm stuff from Halfords, but have been wary about trying to fit it for that reason. At 7 mm it is certainly wider than the thickness of the grill bars.

Jim

Yeah it works fine Jim. Just remember to to leave too small cuts for the tow bar piece. The pack just does the 3 horizontal grill bits.

Happy sticking

Thanks Everyone...

I'm off to Halfords ;)

Neil

Jim

Jim are you using flat section chrome strip or the U section strip??

Thanks Everyone...

I'm off to Halfords ;)

Neil

Jim

Jim are you using flat section chrome strip or the U section strip??

I have the flat section strip. Like you, I wondered if there was a U - shaped version. Reassured by Mike's later post.

Jim