New tyres ordered

craigo

I took the plunge today and ordered 4 new tyres.

225/45R18 XL TL VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA

245/45R18 XL TL VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA

These are to replace the OEM Bridgestones, and have some fantasic reviews by the look of it.

And all four for under £500 ! (Special offer with Camskill)

Mine will be doing the same. Dont actually need them yet, but it seemed a top deal.

exactly the same,

as long as i get them on before winter really hits i'll be happy. got a bout 2mm till the wear indicator on the rear. and the tyres are at least 3 years old now. and general rule of thumb is to change tyres after 3 years to stay on the safe side.

Had these fitted as well, about 3 months ago at £506 all in. I found them noisier than I was expecting coming from worn Potenza RE050s. Let us know what you think.

I noticed the Vredestein web site recommends pressures of 45/42 psi front/rear. This seems a bit high and felt a bit hard for me so I’ve reduced to around 37psi all around. I did try the Nissan recommended 35psi but is felt a bit 'squirmy' though this may have been due to them being brand new a still a bit greasy. I questioned this with Vredestein and got the following response:

'This is the answer from our Tyre Information Centre to your question:

Our advice is to use the tyre pressure from the manufacturer for full-load and high speed. When you can not find the correct tyre pressure, you can always use the advice from Vredestein.

The tyre pressure advice from Vredestein is always a little higher than set out by the car manufacturer. The reason behind this is we focus more on handling and safety characteristics than on comfort. Also the life span of the tyres will be longer and the fuel consumption and impact on the environment will be less.

Vredestein calculates the tyre pressure using the tyre pressure from the car manufacturer for full load and high speed.

The tyre pressure for full-load and high speed we recommend for your Nissan 350Z is:

Front: 45 psi Rear: 42 psi

We hope this answers your question. In case you have more questions, please don't hesitate to mail us, we are always prepared to answer them.

Kind regards,

Vredestein Banden B.V.'