Bought a 350z from Northern ireland

Hiya Guys

Ive finally bought a zed from Belfast which i am collecting on friday morning!! :teeth: Can anyone give me any pointers or anything i need to know when bringing it to the UK? Im driving it from Larne catching the ferry over to Stranraer then to Bournemouth.The Car is on Irish plates.

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks Sam

Is northern ireland not still part of the uk??

we can only hope !! :D :D lol lol

just a wee joke people lol lol

But if its a Northern Irish car then, see the following

Moving between Northern Ireland (NI) and GB with your vehicle

Moving a vehicle from NI to GB

If you are moving your vehicle from NI to GB, you only need to fill in the change of address section on your V5C(NI) and send the completed Certificate to a DVLA Local Office as your vehicle is staying in the United Kingdom.

If your vehicle needs to be re-licensed, you will also need to include the relevant

re-licensing form, documents and payment with your application.

The form V561(NI) is no longer applicable when vehicles are moving between NI and GB.

Moving a vehicle from GB to NI

If you are moving your vehicle from GB to NI, you only need to fill in the change of address section on your V5C and send the completed Certificate to any DVA Local Office, or post to DVA, Coleraine BT51 3TA as your vehicle is staying in the United Kingdom.

If your vehicle needs to be re-licensed, you will also need to include the relevant

re-licensing form, documents and payment with your application.

The form V561 is no longer applicable when vehicles are moving between GB and NI.

Please Note: If you do not have a V5C(NI)/V5C you will need to complete a V34(NI)/V62, Vehicle Registration Certificate Application form and a V55/5 and provide the appropriate ID documents.

http://www.dvlni.gov.uk/vehicles/Moving ... n_NIGB.htm

If the car is from the Republic of Ireland, different rules apply.

i can't find the info right now.

but hope the above helps :)

Got to the airport and didnt get the car in the end!! Turned out the Guy had outstanding finance on it, and also had 3 previous owners instead of 1 which he said in his add on Autotrader. This was for a 55 plate with 25000 miles seemed a bit dodgy to me!! So walked away from it.