Bishops nissan in Guildford - great service

goatboy

After searching around here for a recomendation of where to get a P3 service in the West London area I didn't come up with much. WLMG were my local dealers but a P3 service there with coolant change was £420 and wouldn't do a P3 service on a Saturday as it took too long apparently!!! :yuck:

Unfortunately all the other dealers to me were also WLMG so quoted the same price :doh:

So I widened my search and came up with Bishops Nissan in Guildford which is only a 30 min drive for me, a quick call to them, and a quote of £360 ish saw me booked in for the next Saturday (it was only Tuesday when I booked).

Dropped the car off with them at 8:30 on Saturday and they encouraged me to have a look around the 370z which was sitting in their showroom which I happily did (bit small inside aren't they!). My car was immediately taken in to be worked on.

Advised by them I took a lovely scenic 15 minute walk into town along the river for some breakfast and a spot of shopping. By 10:45 I got a call to say the car was ready.

They advised about clicky drive shafts, gave some useful advice on how to fix it (without any sort of hard sell) but otherwise all was good.

I cheekily asked if they gave any discount for owners club members to which he replied no, but then gave me 10% off labour costs anyway :D

He talked me through all the check sheets, gave me a nice little folder thing for my receipt and off I went.

They had given the car a quick wash and hoover too. (which was good as it was filthy)

All in all I was very impressed, great service, good price, and easy to get to for me (in fact probably takes me less time to get there than it does to my local dealer because of the easy route and lack of traffic).

They also saved me £80 compared to WLMG.

Maybe all Nissan dealers are this good but its a revelation compared to the Mitsubishi and Vauxhall dealers I am used too!

If anyone in West London or surrounding area was looking for some where to get there Zed serviced I would recommend them without hesitation :)

• 2 months later...

I rang Bishops 3 times in Oct 09 and each time they promised someone would returned my call but never did. More than that, what put me off was that each time I had to ring them back and mentioned that someone was due to call me back but never did, the person on the other end of the line didn't even apologise for their colleague and continued on talking as if I hadn't brought it up! Its a small thing, but to me is an indicator of any companies customer service.

I also enquired about a drop in replacement Nismo air filter and was told they aren't a regular item so Nissan dealers don't stock them anymore with this, plus the lack of phone courtesy above I cancelled my service with them and went elsewhere - WLMG in Hanwell had the Nismo air filter in stock, booked in for P3 service, MOT and Nismo air filter and other small bits'n bobs came to £562.72 hassle free with great service.

I rang Bishops 3 times in Oct 09 and each time they promised someone would returned my call but never did. More than that, what put me off was that each time I had to ring them back and mentioned that someone was due to call me back but never did, the person on the other end of the line didn't even apologise for their colleague and continued on talking as if I hadn't brought it up! Its a small thing, but to me is an indicator of any companies customer service.

I had exactly the same issues with Nissan Mansfield. Poor customer service. Wrote a letter of complaint to the main head office and the local dealer. The principal manager of Nissan Mansfield rang me up to apologise and he wanted to sell me a 370Z. WTF.. :angry: Told him to shove it up his a**se. Would never set my foot in Nissan garage anymore unless I am really desperate.