CEL is back! Update: Nissan are a set of monkeys!

UNABASHED

just had a call from Nissan, the very bubbly Amy has told me my car is all fixed and ready for collection. Brilliant.

I told her I would be down soon and asked her top confirm the final bill was:

Amy - 'well there's lots of figures here so not sure, what do YOU think the price is?'

Me - 'Well Amy, you told me the bill was exactly £261 and even gave me a break down of the costs of labour and parts etc, then Keith spoke to me yesterday and told me that I was having £100 knocked of the bill so I make it £161 -correct?'

silence.

Amy - 'Well..... actually I think I made a slight mistake in the calculation of labour and it is actually £424 AFTER the £100 has been knocked off your bill - sorry!'

Me - 'Amy, I confirmed this price with you 3 times so there is no way your changing this so I will be down soon to collect my car and I will be paying the advised figure of £161'

Amy - 'if I charge you that I could get in trouble for advising the wrong price though?'

Me - 'I'm afraid your lack of numeracy skills is not my problem right now'

Amy - 'Well if the invoice is not paid in full that we cannot release your car, I will see what I can do about claiming some more money off for the mix up with parts but that will mean that your car cannot be realeased until that happens and you pay in full'

Me - 'and when do you think this will be?'

Amy - not until the ned of the day at the very least'

Me - 'on on my way down now Amy, make sure your manager is about please'

Amy - hangs ups!

All in all everything I have come to expect from this garage. I'm going down to Nissan in an hour but do I actaully have a leg to stand on seen as everything was confirmed verbally on the phone last night?

:bang::rant::bang::angry::bang::rant::bang::angry::bang::rant::bang::angry:

Easy fix... tell them, in a very calm way, to show you the proof that you accepted the work at £424 and that you agreed to have the work done..

Then inform them to take the parts off and give you the car back in the state you bought it in as they have no proof of acceptance. Then agree a price acceptable.

I would go down asap and speak to the manager.

And keep calm.. you dont get anything from getting irate... They are used to dealing with difficult people more than you are dealing with them...

I'm back from Nissan.

Long story short they have agreed to bill me for the price that I was quoted - so all in all I paid £161, result tbh!

Amy showed me the catalogue of errors (all on her behalf) which lead to everyone thinking they were working to a different price.

Good luck to the orange Zed I saw in there for repair/service/MOT! ;)

That's cool ... as long as the problem is resolved! :yahoo:

If you need to have the error codes read from your Zed in future there is a thread dedicated to members with Diagnostic kits ...

Could save you some time and money :thumbs:

I knew the code from the very beginning, it's just that using the manual method or the code readers usually only shows the code and doesn't tell you exactly which bank of sensor it refers to - hence the reason of going to Nissan.

I might invest in a consult 2 diagnostics machine so I never have to go to Nissan again, only around £5k.

P.S. there's a funny squeeking noise coming from under the bonnet this morning............