My P3 service at DMS today.

BulletMagnet

Got up early today to go to DMS in Erith to have my P3 service done.

I thought I'd be thinking ahead and avoid all that commuter traffic on the M25, seeing that it's Monday and all.

Then about 15 mins into the drive I remembered that it was a bank holiday, DOH!

Arrived at DMS just before 9am.......was booked in for about 10:30, lol.

Once everybody arrived, they didn't mess about and started my P3 straight away.

On the ramp

dms001.jpg

Ready for servicing...

dms002.jpg

Ramp went up and engine oil was drained, oil filter was replaced, followed by the draining and replacing of the gearbox oil and lastly the differential oil was drained and replaced.

Whilst this was going on I noticed two things....

First one was this

dms003.jpg

I did question Dixon which of his mechanics had a preference to female underwear.

To which he said that it was one of the mechanics GF's that had left the bag behind (whether that is the truth........who knows :lol::lol::lol: )

The second thing I noticed was this

dms005.jpg

Upon closer inspection, it looked like a worthless package.....

dms004.jpg

But it actually was a set of these for my car

dms006.jpg

dms007.jpg

In the meantime, the mechanics had removed my sparkplugs.

Dixon gave them an inspection and showed them to me.

dms012.jpg

dms013.jpg

dms014.jpg

They were replaced with new NGK Platinum ones

Then the new brake discs were to be fitted.

Looked at the pad wear and it looked like wear was even on the inner and outer pad, and seeing that there was quite a bit of pad material left, I decided to keep them in and get some new Dixcel Z pads next month or so.

dms009.jpg

Mmmmmmmm.....new discs.....shiney B)

dms008.jpg

Before...

dms010.jpg

After...

dms011.jpg

Brakes were bled and everything was ok (Brake fluid was not replaced, because earlier this month I had DMS install HEL lines where all the old brake fluid had been drained and replaced with DOT 4 fluid)

Then to finish a 4 wheel alignment chack was performed using the Hunter Hawkeye Laser Alignment System.

It was kinda out, but nothing drastic or dangerous.

dms015.jpg

As usual, DMS provided a great service and Dixon & crew were as helpful as always.

Before remounting one of the front wheels the mechanic even asked me if I wanted to take a picture before he remounted the wheel, hehe.

I did forget my service book, but Dixon just said to bring it in next time and he'll stamp it, funnily the speedo read 48K exactly, so at least that will be easy to remember, lol

Thanks again to Dixon for doing this on a Bank Holiday.

I don't reckon many places would do this.

After my service, I decided to pop over to Bluewater for a spot of lunch.

Found a nice empty row of parking spaces.

bw001.jpg

Sat down at Yo! Sushi and started my collection of plates.

13 plates and four cups of green tea later....

bw002.jpg

And typically, I return to the Zed to find lots parked up next to me, but at least Bluewater has decent sized bays.

bw003.jpg

I know which "Z" I prefer....

Drove home (via Dartford tunnel and a spot of noise pollution within... :teeth: entered at 20mph and then mashed throttle to 50mph, slowed down to 20mph again, and repeat till tunnel end :lol::lol::lol: )

Once I got back, found a nice bit of deserted road and heat cycled the new discs.

dms016.jpg

Stopping power has increased and is sharper, and that is with the OEM pad, can't wait till I put the Dixcel Z pads on later.

All in all a great day for me, weather was nice too.

Thank you for reading.

Yeah, looking at the plugs looks as if it maybe running a bit lean, what fuel are you using?

I only ask as I had a similar result when I changed my plugs, was worried about it being the spacer I had put in but after discovered that it was due to using 95RON fuel

Yeah, looking at the plugs looks as if it maybe running a bit lean, what fuel are you using?

I only ask as I had a similar result when I changed my plugs, was worried about it being the spacer I had put in but after discovered that it was due to using 95RON fuel

Fuelled with nothing other than V-Power.

Funny you should mention running lean, Dixon reckoned it might be running rich, because when it was idleing, there were occasional pops of misfire.

I would think so as the service schedule says 54k or 5yrs i think. I found mine like that but i had been running 95ron for a month before, changed the plugs and fuel, checked them a month later and they were fine (much darker) something to keep an eye on. You really dont want it running lean, can cause some significant damage in the long run

Spark plug look alright, is completely normal to be a little bit white. The misfiring caused by wrong ignition timing, sounds like running too much retard thats what causing the misfiring sound.

It was great to see you Mark, sorry yesterday I feel alittle bit ill so didnt really have the mood to talk...:( Remember when you need the camber kit let me know so I can sort out your alignment problem.

Jerry - you should try our Dixcel package, you will be surprise how much braking power you will get from this setup.