350z and SCOOBY STi

player2301

Mate popped round to have a play in the 350z

He posted on face book an hour later

"went to gavs to see the 350z and wasnt expecting much !! But was blown away"

LOL now after a good play he told me he was now thinking of selling the sti and getting a 350z

after he felt like it was faster than his car and handles better so bye bye STi :byebye:

heres some pics of the beasts

only thing is there not clean :#3:

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

I obviously agree the 350z is a much much nicer car but im surprised he thought it was quicker. I owned an STI (Below) for about 6 months and I have to say it was lightning quick, it was much faster 0-60 than the 350Z but not in the same league as the Zed when it comes to driving pleasure. B)

Things that annoyed me about the STI was constant need to change gear and high revving. Oh and when someone said it was chavvy then it got put on Auto Trader the next day ( If you read the 'Who Farted' thread you will probably realise why I got peed off when people were saying the 350z was chavvy) :yuck::lol::lol:

:thumbs:

Well have to say I've had 2 STi's No1 was at uk sti 53 reg with the Prodrive performance pack, reputed to be 304bhp.... the second a 06 model JDM STi twin scroll turbo etc 320bhp, The sceond was a rocket ship by comparason to the first... and the first was far quicker than the 54 reg 350z we had.

Different power delivery but once you get used to the scoob hell the're brill & will leave he zed on an A to B road, a far more focussed car in my opinion, but yes can be tiring if you just fancy a cruse.

The car above is the WR1 which is based on a re mapped STi, + other bits was built by prodrive in Ltd Nos. re mapped to 320bhp (Standard STi of that age 265bhp) but the map was such that it still had some lag early on and power was more generally spread across the range. It didnt feel as quick as the normal STi with the PPP but was, in a stightly more refined way.

All in all I used to want to get out of the wife zed & back in my scoob for the performance, but then if I was doing a 500mle road trip i'd go in the zed !!!

However now that i'm scoobless & we're in the 313ph Zed with the Nismo zorst etc its a slightly different game :wacko: