boat detail...

edgeydt50

If this is in the wrong section then please feel free to move, it does have a 5.7l v8 so i thought that might count.

Spent the whole day yesterday detailing our boat. Its been used a fair bit this season and really needed a good going over so took the Kestral and some polish to see what could be done. There were some really bad watermarks and sun damage which has 90% been fixed. I would like to have spent more time on it but i was working on the floating lift which was a bit awkward and not much room.

Any way here are some pics before i started...

DSC01325.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01330.jpg

I dont have any during pictures but basically, used the same methods as i would a car.

and finally...

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

only job i didnt have time for was the carpet although that has been done now, as well as the engine bay but that is a different story.

Cheers for looking

Chris

wakeboarding mate, hence the tower. also wakeskating and wakesurfing, have never been on two ski's in my life.

I thought the gel coat would be really soft so only took fairly fine compounds (sonus) but next time would be more confident on using something a little harsher to really get into the deeper scratches.

cheers for the comments

Chris

witley just outside godalming mate, not really guildford i know. what about your self?

Chris

I'm smack in the middle of Guildford, top end of town :)

Should try and get to some of the local meets, we're doing a Rolling road day on 12 Sept in Woking if you fancy a run?

sorry mate i would love to but im on holiday, definitely pm me next time you have a meet or something though. I know its a long way off but i plan on going to the ace in october.

and a shottie????i only know one method of that and it has nothing to do with boats!

Chris