Ipod/Iphone help. also picking up car tomorrow.

gunmetalzgt

sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

i was wondering whats the best way to connect your ipod to the bose system.

mines the one with the tape deck on the bottom.

i've seen adaptors on ebay.

i dont want to buy the wrong one or spend too much if there's a cheaper option.

im picking up the car tomorrow morning.

what things do i need to make sure i get?

such as red key, make sure the spares there etc.

i dont want to get home to discover thats he's knicked something off it to sell on.

if its for making phone calls there should be a blue tooth adapter, but its not gaurenteed if the car is second hand. if you want to play music i use a cassette adapter.

i was thinking of some way of controlling the ipod through the stereo and charging it at the same time.

i already know the bluetooth isn't in it.

the cradles there though so ill get the adaptor at some point.

Unfortunately the Bose stereo is from another era, one that hadn't heard of MP3's. :lol: Some type of FM transmitter is your only option, unless you replace with an aftermarket headunit.

thanks, at least i know now and dont spend 50 quid on ebay on something that wont work.

Hi, I picked my car up yesterday (Finally got one!!!!!) Someone has fitted some form of Ipod interface. The cable is routed into the the dashboard storage. I have no idea what is on the other end, but i am advised that it works well. Unfortunatly, i only own cheap and nasty MP3 players so i can not plug in and test.

Save up and get upgrade the headunit, the bose is :thumbdown: , does the job if your still living in the 80's though.

R

thats what im going to do. where do i get a bose to iso adapter from, any idea of price?

also what will i find behind the bose stereo? are there rca/phono leads that go to a bose amp?

i've got myself a cradle and a kensington fm transmitter. Nice idea in that i can listen to my music and it also charges the phone however the reception is always a bit poor and i tend to find that it just gets annoying. Had it set up like this as i also use the GPS and google maps as a sort of sat nav system on my iphone.

I had previously in my clio 182 an alpine unit that connected to an ipod on which u could change the songs, artist, playlists etc all directly through the head unit. Only cost a tad over 100notes but the sound quality was just spot on and i couldnt fault it.

Such a shame that they didnt fit the BOSE with at least a jack connection! :thumbdown: