350z Grounding Kit

Cookbot

Found this whilst on the ebay scavinge and I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with them? Don't look too bad to me, but I'm wondering why it specifies the 276 engine. Thought the 296 was the the same, just fettled with a little more. Any alternatives? The £220 one on the z store doesn't really do it for me! Could always buy some wire and crimps, but I don't think I can be arsed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360152561406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Coobot

this is the same kit that i have, but i had it altered recently. the lovely gold connector on the top doesn't stay done up very well. and works it self loose. so when i had my lights fixed i got the bloke to cut the connector off and fit a better one. its not a s pretty but it won't come undone. and it does the job. plus that bit is hidden anyway under the battery cover.

Ive just taken my one of these off... made absolutely zero difference other than clutter up the engine bay.

Yes they can be very hit and miss. Depends how good your stock grounding is. Some say it makes it drive quite a bit better, some it idles a bit better and some say nothing at all happens. Fitting mine made it much smoother at idle, and also better at pulling away at lower revs. Nowt else difference though.

just out of intrest could someone carry out a before and after resistance check Neg terminal to engine to see what difference it makes cant see it doing alot tbh, Would be much taking off the original earth wire brush it graphite or other contact grease it then re-fit! I will do this for anyone for £30 lol

coops

I was away to say no battery ground but then i noticed he fitted one further down the page.

ooh ooh is it the Min 12AWG connectors on the 4AWG copper wire?

R

i was thinking the fact there is no measure in place to stop the wiring drinking up water like a fire hose.. :surrender: i would use soldered and heat shrink covered ones...

tempted with this though

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/diy- ... t-diy.html

could be an easy evenings work