pop charger install time?

mylesmcg

Its possible in 40 mins, but I would say allow an hour if its your first time. You dont want to rush, break something and find you cant get the car home. Wait til you get home, do it properly, and then enjoy the noise :teeth:

I would say no purely because if you set yourself a time limit things will go wrong as you rush it. Clips break, bolts stick etc or you get the maf idling problem that causes you to have to perform the ECU reset.

I have learnt the hard way that things take as long as they take. Ive done a full set of suspension in 2.5 hours but similarly spend 4 hours trying to undo ONE bolt.

Better to say give yourself a 2 hour window and in all honest yes it will probs take you 30/40mins but better to make sure everything is done in a relaxed manor.

i'm at work now and i'm going home at lunch time to fit it. i can always take my dads car if can't get it fitted but would rather take the zed and i've fitted them before and read the guide thoroughly before hand :thumbs:

Might sound odd, but if you've fitted one before then surely you'd answer your original question? People work at different rates, and all it takes is one duff bolt or nutt to hold you up for hours as Dan said.

Might sound odd, but if you've fitted one before then surely you'd answer your original question?

lol good point. guess i'm just double checking :p

If you have a backup car, then just go for it. But dont be unrealistic and rush, just take your time and if its done its done. We dont want a broken MAF or bracket or anything that will cost money to fix :)

got it installed ok but screwing the heat shield to the air duct is very very tricky and annoying so not having enough time, much patience and a short temper i left the heat shield for now until i get more time. any tips on attaching the heat shield to the air duct?

got it installed ok but screwing the heat shield to the air duct is very very tricky and annoying so not having enough time, much patience and a short temper i left the heat shield for now until i get more time. any tips on attaching the heat shield to the air duct?

Mine isnt screwed to the duct and its been fine for a 1.5yrs :blush:

You need a small screwdriver on an angled attach thingy to go on the end :)

I ended up removing mine though