K1 fitted - Thanks CS

ikarus

Big thanks to CS for supplying and fitting my new K1 yesterday, great bloke, great service, great prices :thumbs:

Loving the sound of this car now, had an 'energetic' drive back home! Thankfully the exhaust doesn't drone at motorway speeds which was one of my concerns. Just sounds awsome when you need to boot it. Superb exhaust for the money. Looks great too.

Some pics to follow as soon as i get a chance.

Dave

Big thanks to CS for supplying and fitting my new K1 yesterday, great bloke, great service, great prices :thumbs:

Loving the sound of this car now, had an 'energetic' drive back home! Thankfully the exhaust doesn't drone at motorway speeds which was one of my concerns. Just sounds awsome when you need to boot it. Superb exhaust for the money. Looks great too.

Some pics to follow as soon as i get a chance.

Dave

No drone at motorway speeds? I guess the bungs are still in then... ;)

No drone at motorway speeds? I guess the bungs are still in then... ;)

:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

Just been for a ride with the bungs out...................... holy crap :surrender:

Now that's loud!!

Bungs are back in... or my neighbours will up pitch forks and torches and i won't live to see September!

In all seriousness, the exhaust completely changes note without the bungs, much deeper throughout the range. Two completely different sounds from the same exhaust - two for the price of one!

awsome for the money :thumbs:

Dave

Must admit ive been looking at the k1 recently,just cant decide wether i want to be noisy all the time,after the fto its quite nice to be quiet untill im booting it. Cant help but feel the car should make the noise it looks like it should make though :lol:

+1 Also been looking at K1 as my next mod, but quite like the sound of the Scorpion as well - cant make my mind up

There is also the K2. I have that fitted and works perfectly for me. Its not much louder than stock until you get it above 3500rpm then you really notice a difference to stock!!!! :yahoo:

Ha theres me presuming the K2 was just the same but with different tail pipes.lol. I cant decide to keep standard or get a k1 still :headhurt:

There is also the K2. I have that fitted and works perfectly for me. Its not much louder than stock until you get it above 3500rpm then you really notice a difference to stock!!!! :yahoo:

Ha theres me presuming the K2 was just the same but with different tail pipes.lol. I cant decide to keep standard or get a k1 still :headhurt:

No totally different to the K1. Looks standard, sounds pretty standard (a little deeper) until normal driving, but then gets really good when you get a heavy right foot. amazing exhaust, but so is the K1 if thats what you're after. :thumbs:

That exhaust looks great! but is there any reason why the rear diff is different to a uk spec one, i.e. no cooling fins on it?

Hopefully its just a difference on JDM's? Can someone confirm this?

As for the noise level debate for K1 / K2 / Scorpion etc. etc. I have been driving with this exhaust for a little while now and here are my observations and conclusions:

- A lot of people are nervous that the K1 will be too loud, even with bungs in - as was i.

- IMO the stock Nissan exhaust is FAR too quiet for me.

- IMO the K1 with bungs in is not TOO loud, it is just a lot louder than stock - see above.

- K1 is quite drivable day to day bungs in, and is quiter than my MR2 turbo with Apexi N1 exhaust.

- IMO K1 bungs out is WAY loud - i personally cannot drive like this :surrender: (still in shock!)

- IMO K1 looks great and suits the look i wanted for my car.

- For me K1 for the money is spot on, build quality is great and fit was perfect first time.

- I am very satisfied with the K1 and love both the look and sound of it - bungs in!

*disclaimer - just expressing my opinions, not making any statements here. hopefully this will be helpfull to some other members.

Dave.