Spat the dummy! Help...

Cragus

Ok, so I am just back from the states and the Z has been on its lonesome for two weeks. I get in it to drive it today and when i am releasing the accelerator pedal it sticks to that rev range for a moment before starting to drop. Also its idle rev is much higher than it was before I left. Its making the drive really jerky when sticking....

Any ideas or is my Z just having a tantrum?

What does this mean? I need a new one? Its still under warranty although it has a pop charger on so should i remove this before taking it along?

sounds more like the throttle posisiton sensor and your butterfly valve is sticking.

try a throttle pedal reset, i think the instructions are on the forum somewhere. also try an ECU reset, might just need to wipe its memory that you haven't driven her in a while ;)

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I tried the resets to no avail. When i start it up it initially shoots up a little past 3000 rpm without me touching the pedal. Also when i rev it at idle it sticks a little when i let the pedal go but also on its way down.

I am stumped and its bugging me. Might be my imagination but when you turn the key without starting her up i think there is a slightly harsher noise coming from the engine.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I tried the resets to no avail. When i start it up it initially shoots up a little past 3000 rpm without me touching the pedal. Also when i rev it at idle it sticks a little when i let the pedal go but also on its way down.

I am stumped and its bugging me. Might be my imagination but when you turn the key without starting her up i think there is a slightly harsher noise coming from the engine.

sounds like the throttle position sensor

the TPS is linked to the intake. the butterfly valve can occassionally get a bit sticky. hence the throttle opening and staying open etc,

might just need a new itake section, the bit that attatches to the plenum before it goes into the intake.