Installing head unit and removing BOSE - Help!

Bundus

Hey guys

I have already installed a double din unit, changed all the speakers and installed amps so I dont really need any of the BOSE stuff anymore. When I first installed the head unit I fitted the PAC audio box so I could keep all the BOSE and since then Ive just added all the new stuff whilst keeping the BOSE.

Im about to change head units and while Im in there I plan to make some space and do away with the PAC Audio interface.

Just had one question - At the moment everything is running through the PAC (power source etc) so when I remove the PAC how do I go about providing power to the head unit and things such as the remote cable that runs to the amp. Can I just splice these things in directly and if so how can I tell which wires on the car side to use?

I dont know how much sense im making here but hopefully someone will understand.

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Thanks Martin some useful stuff there.

Basically what I still need to learn is if I can use a 350z specific ISO adapter to connect it up as long as I dont want to keep any of the BOSE stuff or will this not work? If it wont work then can I just locate the wires I need from the car side (ignition, earth, remote etc) and splide them directly to my new head unit?

I wont need to wire up the standard speaker wires because all my speakers are running off additional amps.

Cheers guys.

OK If you don't need to keep your BOSE stuff at all then all you will need is one of the Micra looms as this has all the power /light feeds on it. You will hopefully already have a dedicated earth feed as there is no one by default. Then you just use the loom for all the power and then the rest like amp trigger will all come from the head unit.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/adaptor_ ... 0-134.html

Thanks Rob

As for the earth feed is this the only thing not covered when using the micra loom? My amps in the boot are all earthed near their location but I have a sat nav unit and av input box that are using the current earth from the PAC audio box.

If I remove the PAC audio and use the Micra loom can I simply take the earth from the car side before it goes into the loom if that makes sense or can I run the earth to the same place my rear amps are earthed?

Cheers mate.

If I remove the PAC audio and use the Micra loom can I simply take the earth from the car side before it goes into the loom if that makes sense or can I run the earth to the same place my rear amps are earthed?

Yup you can just use the earth you already have wired in for the PAC unit. Just take that to the head unit loom and its job done. As you say the amps etc will all be grounded locally in the boot etc.

Nice one Rob. Should be simple enough.

Dan - it wont be straight away that I do this as Im moving house in 2 weeks so will be shortly after that. I had planned to sell the PAC unit still attached to my Alpine double din so that its plug and play for anyone with BOSE but if I dont end up doing that then I'll save it for you mate.