Gear box fuggered

Husky

this is the third time ive typed this so i'll summarise.

Gear box fu**ed :lol:

whats new :rolleyes:

block change to 6th grinds before going in all the time

2nd sometimes grinds

all when warm.

will phone extended warranty people when i get a chance.

how much hassle is it going to be to get a new one form the extended warranty people do you think?

I've just had my Zed back with "gear box issues"! Scrapping sounds, low revs in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. They changed the clutch (to stop clutch judder) and a new fly wheel....they mentioned something about bearings too? Sounds are still there so I've had to settle for them telling me its a zed thing!! All work done under the warranty i had from Nissan.

tbh i dont think it takes a mechanic to know its a synchro problem. there is no change problems when rev matching, ie. leaving the revs to sink down before engaging 6th. i rekon the 2nd gear one isnt as noticable cos i usually rev match it anyway, probably keeps it alive a little longer.

if i need a gear box change how bout a race gearbox instead :teeth::lol: soo expensive i would think.

mine is hard to engage 2nd, but i have learnt that you can't jam it in to 2nd when changing down fast, i sit with it almost engaged and as the revs and speed drop it just slots in, had it wit several cars but its not an issue. the fact that 6th is a pain says syncro to me as well.

is the synco mesh replaceable?

Gear box grinding....? You are using the clutch when changing gear, Husky?

:blush: bugger, ya got me :doh:

gently pushing it against the gate is pushing iit on the synchro in my mind. i dont have any problem shifting down to second as long as i rev match it tbh.

i imagine you can get the synchros changed but i really dont want to foot the bill for that, its prob as much as a gearbox in labour :lol:

The 04 cars did have the syncro issue box. BEFORE you go to the warranty people, I would get a copy of the TSB and send it to them with a covering note.....

cheers mate, will do :thumbs:

I've just had my Zed back with "gear box issues"! Scrapping sounds, low revs in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. They changed the clutch (to stop clutch judder) and a new fly wheel....they mentioned something about bearings too? Sounds are still there so I've had to settle for them telling me its a zed thing!! All work done under the warranty i had from Nissan.

Chris, we'll arrange a meet soon and you can drive my car, and see if the the gearbox makes the same noise!!! My box sounds fine to me, and if it did make any noise then i would get it seen to straight away.