FM Transmitter - No reception

Reekie

Hi,

I have tried to use an FM Transimmer for my iPod but my bose headunit won't pick up the signal.

I'm thinking it is because of the narrow bandwidth on JDM impports, has anyone else had this problem?

How did you get round it? Can you get an FM Transmitter that uses different receptions?

I didn't really want to go down the route of hardwiring an aux-in to the tape deck.

Cheers

i don't use one anymore but used to and found it to be totally hit and miss depending on what car i was in. My itrip worked fine in the honda i had but not in the zed at all (import) but then i tried a cheapo one off my son's ipod and that did work! No idea why but just ended up getting an ipod head unit in the end anyway. Try taking your aerial off and see if that makes any difference as the more unclear the frequency the better its supposed to work.

I agree with Nixy - the transmitters can be hit or miss, especialy if you choose a frequency which is clear in one area but then travel to another region where a strong station can interfere with the signal. We have that problem on the Qashqai and I don't think I can hard wire to an aux socket on the head unit. Like Nixy, I replaced the head unit in the Z with one which is iPod compatible and it works a treat. :thumbs: