D.A polishing pads.. how to wash???

lilsheepshagga_turbo

hey guys... well i machined my first car on saturday :D... got about 95% of the swirls and about 8 scratches out which im quite pleased with.. now the question is... how to wash the polishing pad.. hahahah never thought about this actually so any pointers would be velly useful because im doing another car tommorow :D

cheers

-ho

always do mine by hand in the sink , bit of washing up liquid and warm water , rinse with clean water squeeze out i normally place one at a time in a towel and press down hard to get out as much water as poss then just leave to dry.

then every couple of jobs ill soak them in a bucket with a proper pad cleaning product

dont want to contradict any reply really , but as a point each bit of your detailing gear should be kept and washed separately.

i spend ages after a full detail getting all the drying towels ,mfs, pads, washed, all separatlely

always do mine by hand in the sink , bit of washing up liquid and warm water , rinse with clean water squeeze out i normally place one at a time in a towel and press down hard to get out as much water as poss then just leave to dry.

then every couple of jobs ill soak them in a bucket with a proper pad cleaning product

dont want to contradict any reply really , but as a point each bit of your detailing gear should be kept and washed separately.

i spend ages after a full detail getting all the drying towels ,mfs, pads, washed, all separatlely

+1

I find that some big sealable freezer bags are perfect for storing stuff. If I am doing some machining over 2 days, I find you are able to put them in the bag (without washing) and they are still good to go the next day - assuming they werent too clogged up from the day before.