K1 or K2

srobrien

I am thinking about an aftermarket exhaust and am deciding on the K1 or K2, I love the sporty look and sound of the K1 and am more weighted towards that. The thing I am wondering (bearing in mind i know little about exhaust systems) since the K1 is a "straight through" system will this hamper any possible power gains from a remap due to an uneven pressure balance in the system? i.e If i am after powergains should I stick to a backbox?

Cheers

R

Hope your friendly with your neighbours!!! :lol:

I have just had the K2 fitted, really happy with. Heard Ians and Nurrishs and it's going to just be what you prefer, hopefully going to get tuned this month so might see some differences but think they will be minimal.

i havea K1 just now and just about to switch to K2

K1 sounds great and looks great but i cant live with it on long journeys and it just doesnt look right with the bungs in

i know once i get the K2 fitted ai am goign to complain its too quiet though :(

K1 will help you get more power if you have a remap. It might make you run a little lean until then as the stock ECU might struggle to give enough fuel for the airflow, but nothing dangerous. Dont think it will loose you anything at all :thumbs:

I do love my K2, certainly best thing I have bought so far. It actually makes the Zed sound like should (if you know what I mean!! :lol: )

yeah i ve not been in stock standard Z before so is hard to judge how it should sound, all i could hear before was the K1, i hope the K2 gets a bit louder once some carbon builds up

oh well looks like i need buy a plenum spacer and cai to add some more grunt :O

I do love my K2, certainly best thing I have bought so far. It actually makes the Zed sound like should (if you know what I mean!! :lol: )

yeah i ve not been in stock standard Z before so is hard to judge how it should sound, all i could hear before was the K1, i hope the K2 gets a bit louder once some carbon builds up

oh well looks like i need buy a plenum spacer and cai to add some more grunt :O

Yeah I started with plenum spacer and K&N Typhoon with stock exhaust. The extra sound and grunt were great, wanted to enjoy the engine noise before going for the K2. I just love the sound of both and they compliment each other so much. :D

You've hurt my feelings grant :byebye:

Sorry Nurrish, maybe I should have said makes the Zed sound like it should stock. The K1 obviously suits the Zed when its a highly modified monster like yours. :surrender:

You've hurt my feelings grant :byebye:

Sorry Nurrish, maybe I should have said makes the Zed sound like it should stock. The K1 obviously suits the Zed when its a highly modified monster like yours. :surrender:

Keep digging... :lol: