350Z abroad - what do I need ?

Derek_ZR

What are the legal requirements for France and Belgium ?

Running out of time as I leave on Friday night so quick response appreciated :)

Already got Euro AA cover, extended insurance cover and fluorescent jackets for french motorways but what about beam deflectors, first aid kit etc..

Also getting new plates tomorrow with euro/scotland flags and have magnetic gb badges as backup incase scotland plates are not legal.

Thanks

Derek

For France all you legally need is the headlight converters and GB sticker but in Belguim you also need a warning triangle. It is also recommended that you also have spare bulbs, a fire extinguisher and first aid kit but these are only recommendations.

Also remember you'll need some change in euros for those French tolls on the motorways.

Have fun! :yahoo:

For France all you legally need is the headlight converters and GB sticker but in Belguim you also need a warning triangle. It is also recommended that you also have spare bulbs, a fire extinguisher and first aid kit but these are only recommendations.

Also remember you'll need some change in euros for those French tolls on the motorways.

Have fun! :yahoo:

remember on the French toll roads to ease up or stop.., to keep your average speed within the limits,or they will have your pants down at the toll booth :rant: (I speak from experience :blush: )

I went to france and Belgium last year and it was: -

1. Warning Triangle

2. GB sticker or on plate

3. Reflective jacket for each passenger

4. Fire Extiguisher

5. Full set of spare bulbs

Apparently this had come in weeks before and the French pigs were pulling all the Brits and issuing tickets. I took my chances a just went with a sticker as I was going straight into Belgium on my way to Spa.

Check what the RAC and AA are saying you need. I generally just have a GB sticker on my car and current car comes with triangle and first aid kit.

Never heard about the reflective jacket part and I've never been told the fire extiguisher is a must.

I've been to France several times and you certainly need

GB badge or plate...not sure if Scotland will do, but probably

One Warning Triangle (two required if going to Spain)

Fire Extinguisher

Full set of spare bulbs...if you're stopped without a bulb working you can be kept until you procure a spare... nasty!

I'd also reccommend beam deflectors just to be nice although the few times I've been, I've certainly been in the minority for having them!

Also watch the speed limits... New French Law means instant ban for 15 days if caught at 40kmph (25mph) over the limit... i.e. don't get caught at 95mph on a motorway

p.s. Enjoy your trip boie!!! :yahoo:

Halford do an excellent emergency bag which has jump leads, triangle, little foot pump (usless so swap it for a propper one), tyre pressure guage (again usless, get a digital one for about 3 quid), tow rope, torch and other bits and bobs - well worth investing in

Head light deflectors are required, cost about 10 quid if you get them from the AA shop at Dover port

wish I knew about the 40kmph thing and the toll booths as I was doing a constant 120 to 140 most of the time on the trunk roads with no issues /angelic

What you really need is a heavy right foot... I got the digital up to 158 on the last roads back to the Euro on the French side - fookin great, the car was ace! It was that solid I could waste time trying to take a photo of the digitial speedometer with the phone camera! :p