respray to a new colour

chris p

theres a zed i am maybe buying, for sale through this forum. its quite well priced because the bodywork is a bit scratched up and the money i save compared with all the similar age/mileage cars that i've seen would give me a budget to modify the car a bit

i was thinking to change the colour to something unique, ie non standard nissan colour. perhaps some sort of very dark metallic green. on the other hand the kuro black is also nice

anyone know how much a decent respray might cost, to do it well? how do you think it will effect the resale of the car?

There's a few options - you could always look into getting that temporary car wrap film stuff (looks and feels like paint but wayyy cheaper). When I say temporary, I mean until you want to put it back to original colour - Ferrari's, etc sometimes have them, so its a tried and tested solution with many colours on offer (you can wash it the same, etc and I have been told that it collects less dirt due to its properties).

car-wrap.jpg

Failing that then yes you can get a full respray. Have no idea how much it would cost though because it depends on the colour you want (i.e. flip paint costs loads more than metallic and each metallic is priced different per litre and so on).

I would guestimate around £3k - £3.5k. Resale stuff goes out the window - it just means you'll probably sell it quicker because its better quality rather than adding value to it (esp if it is a custom unique colour tailored to your tastes).

• 5 weeks later...