Motordyne Plenum Spacer (couple of questions)

BladesGrant

Just received my plenum spacer from Envy performance and decided to fit it this morning. :teeth:

Just a couple of questions though for people that have one of these. What does the Coolant Control Valve do and does it need fitting as part of this kit? I haven't fitted this as of yet as I wasn't sure if it was required. There are other bits in the kit that don't need fitting to my car (53 JDM) like the Thermal Aramid Manifold Gasket (or not that I could figure from the instructions anyway!!). Although I think this is below the lower plenum and I didn't do anything with this. Should this have been done as it seems to say in the instructions this is for the MREV2.

Also are the guiding pins meant to be totally removed as they are redundent once the spacer is fitted.

Thanks for the help chaps.

Grant

Cheers Maccaman :thumbs: , thought that was the case which is why I didn't fit it but just wanted to check.

Any thoughts on the Thermal gasket? I didn't understand this bit but it does say you can leave the stock one in. I am only bothered about fitting this if its going to make a difference in performance but if not I will leave it. :teeth:

Thanks Sarah :thumbs: . Just spoke to Gaz and he said that they are optional and general not fitted on UK cars. I am just always worried when I have extra bits left over!!!

Thanks again. :)

You did it all right :thumbs:

What was the price for the spacer and is there a great difference between the 1/2" and the 5/16"

Cheers

Nick

It was around £230 delivered from Envy a trader on here. I don't think you can keep the standard strut brac with 1/2" spacer but it gives slightly more tq I believe. Sure someone will confirm.

What was the price for the spacer and is there a great difference between the 1/2" and the 5/16"

Cheers

Nick

It was around £230 delivered from Envy a trader on here. I don't think you can keep the standard strut brac with 1/2" spacer but it gives slightly more tq I believe. Sure someone will confirm.

Thats it. Tiny bit more torque, doesnt fit under the standard strut, even with spacers/washers. Just get the 5/16" :thumbs:

You can feel the extra power through the midrange. Not sure until I get the car dyno'd again the exact increases though.

Its very easy to fit. Un-screw some bolts, remove some hoses, slide in spacer and then re-attach. Only thing to be careful of is overtightening the bolts. I fit mine in about 1.5 hours. :thumbs:

The power is feelable, but not when hooning it IMO. Where you feel it is when cruising about 40-60MPH and you put your foot down. There is noticably more grunt. When hooning it though, its all about top end power, and this doesnt net you much of that at all.

• 1 month later...