Question for Matt from CP Racing

StephenG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they presumably used exactly the same for mine and managed to get the base map downloaded in November - you recall when I had that problem Matt?

They had to talk to SplitSec direct to get them going though :dry:

If ther eusing a connector that could be the problem, they don't work the same everytime it's something to do with the usb port converting to serial data, i'm that technical but i do have limited knowledge. We program object detection radars through a serial port and can only do it through a direct serial port connection on a laptop if we use either the usb or pcimca(whatever it is) we get corupt data every now and again and the systems fail, as a way of eliminating this try using a pc with serial port, it's just one possibilty.

Guest prescience

The thing is though Pete, have you ever seen this reported on the US boards as a problem with Vortech - I never have.

Corrupt map, FMU wired incorrectly etc but never seen this one reported

It's no longer a connection problem, apparently

It's the fact that the values the box brings up are different parameters from the ones you'd want to set. Why this is, I have no idea.

They're on the case but I didn't get a chance to speak to them yesterday; so Monday now, hopefully.

Stephen

Guest prescience

You'll need a bit more info as to precisely what this means is it

a ) the fuel map (Map A ) settings - these will be uploaded or should be

b ) the timing map (Map B ) settings - these will be uploaded or should be

c ) the options menu settings - which as I have said many times before are NOT UPLOADED. So these need to be set explicitly or at least checked BEFORE you download to the SS Box

Get them to answer the above so that the problem can be narrowed down.

You'll need a bit more info as to precisely what this means is it

a ) the fuel map (Map A ) settings - these will be uploaded or should be

b ) the timing map (Map B ) settings - these will be uploaded or should be

c ) the options menu settings - which as I have said many times before are NOT UPLOADED. So these need to be set explicitly or at least checked BEFORE you download to the SS Box

Get them to answer the above so that the problem can be narrowed down.

I don't think they know, which is why they are liaising with SS. However they told me that the guys at SS have been extremely helpful which is why they are positive this can be sorted.

I'm scratching my head as to why this should be different for the UK than it is for the US though. Is it the copy of the software we have, or is it something stupid like localisation settings? (I was even thinking of telling them to change to US localisation to see if that makes a difference!)

Any ideas - no matter how leftfield - gratefully received.

Guest prescience

When you do find out, please get the exact details and post them down to avoid you, I and others having to go round this loop again - recall they had these similar communication problems with mine :)

When you do find out, please get the exact details and post them down to avoid you, I and others having to go round this loop again - recall they had these similar communication problems with mine :)

But yours wasn't tuned ...?

Arrrgh!

Anyway, from what I can gather from talking to them this morning; as soon as you set a SYSTEM setting, the car refuses to rev over 4000 revs.

I'm looking at the map you sent me on 22nd December but apparently those aren't the settings they are after ... ?

not sure - but if you send them me I can definitely forward them. I believe the problem arises because of the 'option' settings which are not uploaded.

Abbey have told me that SS have been superbly helpful, but the problem currently is that they don't know what the active settings are for loading back into the SS box.

Stephen

Cheers Matt.

Well, I'm off up to Abbey today to see how the problem manifests, so I can better articulate the problem. I think they've hit a wall on this (not literally!) so it's a question of either being able to solve it myself or come up with a different solution.

Stephen

Attach laptop to Splitsecond box.

Go online to SS box (this takes 3 or so attempts)

Upload settings from SS box to laptop. Maps appear, but system settings do NOT.

Tweak map values.

Write back to SS box - SS box hangs, car goes into limp mode.

Check live data - no values. At no time can the R4 software see real-time values from the SS box.