Question for Matt from CP Racing

StephenG

Hi Matt

I wonder if you can help - Dorian (prescience) said you're the man...

My tuners (Abbey motorsport) are attempting to tune my Z which has the Vortech supercharger. They have the split second software but can't connect to the box because apparently they have the wrong cable. I've been told it's just a straight through serial cable but apparently that's not doing the job. Any suggestions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the frying pan, into the fire...

They got a new cable and that allowed them to talk to the box. The only problem now is, that tuning it appears impossible. Every time they change a value by as little as 0.1 the car refuses to rev over 4000 revs. They're stumped. Help!

your car is in limp mode there are it could be two diffrent problems first off the box maybe wired up in correctly or a bad conection make sure the wires are solder!! No connectors!!! it will make a huge difference second it could be a bad box that will cause the same issue you would have to send it to vortech to get it tested but try the wiring first tripple check it. The problem does have to do with the black box.

Hi Matt, thanks for your speedy reply.

I'll get the tuners to check the box's connections; however sending the box internationally back to Vortech isn't much of an option to be honest. Surely if the box was wired up incorrectly it wouldn't work normally? Currently the car is working perfectly well but there's no option to tune it.

It will run extremely rich and set a rev limiter about 4000rpms if you have a bad box or if it is wired incorrectly.

It's doing neither of those things; until you try and set a value, then it does that automatically. As soon as you revert to the previous map, it's fine.

Hence I don't think it is wired incorrectly

in that case sounds the the files they are sending the box is corrupt the file. So with the stock file from vortech the car runs fine no issues correct? If thats the case tell them to use the vortech base map and modify the tables using that map.

Guest prescience

I apologise for stating this again and Matt you will take it as read. When you UPLOAD the map to a PC, it DOES NOT REPEAT NOT upload the settings, PLEASE STEPHEN check those settings are correct before you download back to SS.

I will try and dig them out - again

Check this

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... ghlight=r4

and ask Matt for variations cos I think over RPM and pressure are not stock Vortech but fine nevertheless :)

mention what we have said to the tuner it deff sounds like a file corrupt file issue, but if they are still having issues feel free to call us I know the hours are way different we are open 10am-8pm US Eastern time and would be glad to try to be some assistance to your tuner if I am not here at the shop talk with Eric he is one of our tuners.

Phone Number

704-527-0123

I can't imagine I'm that far off getting this thing going. I have a tuner, a box, a cable, a dyno, and a car sat waiting to be tweaked! What knowledge are we missing?

So the base map doesn't upload to the PC when doing an upload - OK - what's the solution to getting the values out of the SS box then?

Guest prescience

But they presumably used exactly the same for mine and managed to get the base map downloaded in November - you recall when I had that problem Matt?

They had to talk to SplitSec direct to get them going though :dry: