fairlady suspension question ..

ikarus

Hi all,

I recently picked up a fairlady and i love this car. I have a version s with bremo etc. and i believe different suspension to the standard z's. Is this correct, and if so is it lower than the standard springs, i ask because i am sourcing new wheels and want to know if i should budget for springs or blow it all on wheels?

thanks in advance

Stan,

No i dont mean to say that JDM is different to UK. I read somewhere that JDM's are either base model, versions S, versions T, or version ST. I think it said that the version S has brembos, traction control, 18's and sports suspension. The version T has heated leather seats etc, non of the latter and 17's. Version ST has best of both. I'm just trying to figure out if there was a suspension difference between JDM versions (i have a tendancy not to believe everything that i read), and if so how is it rated by other members on here?

cheers,

ikarus

Stan,

No i dont mean to say that JDM is different to UK. I read somewhere that JDM's are either base model, versions S, versions T, or version ST. I think it said that the version S has brembos, traction control, 18's and sports suspension. The version T has heated leather seats etc, non of the latter and 17's. Version ST has best of both. I'm just trying to figure out if there was a suspension difference between JDM versions (i have a tendancy not to believe everything that i read), and if so how is it rated by other members on here?

cheers,

ikarus

Sorry mate I am still asleep :yawn: - got home late from work last night! just reread your post :blush:

The suspension is the same for all of them (the JDMs) regardless of spec level. yes some have 17 and others 18inch wheels , and as far as UK and Jap differences - think the early JDM's have different shocks (more bouncy than my UK one anyway, we have found) Alex will know (Zmanalex) :thumbs:

Thanks guys,

Do most people drop the suspension when running 19's. Looks like i will be purchasing some soon. I see aftermnarket springs available. My car already scrapes over speed bumps like an overweight hippo on tip toes :ohmy:

thanks

ikarus

Thanks guys,

Do most people drop the suspension when running 19's. Looks like i will be purchasing some soon. I see aftermnarket springs available. My car already scrapes over speed bumps like an overweight hippo on tip toes :ohmy:

thanks

ikarus

Haha :)

The Tein's drop the car by 14mm and 17mm which is the highest lowering springs available if you don't want to go too crazy.