Bilberry - how it should be done!

Stew

As many regulars will know, BulletMagnet had a disaster with new Volks and bilberry wheel cleaner. Fear not, it is NOT rubbish and will NOT damage wheels if used properly.

So, the wheels. Rays that had about 400 miles since last wash on them and 110 miles on track. So pretty blooming dirty!

P1010907.jpg

P1010908.jpg

P1010909.jpg

So dirty!

I took Bilberry and gave them a spray front and back, left it a minute. aggitated with an envy brush

P1010911.jpg

P1010912.jpg

P1010913.jpg

then hosed off

P1010914.jpg

P1010915.jpg

P1010916.jpg

P1010917.jpg

Ok, not all the marks are off the inside but look great for another trackday!

Something to mention is that the dilution rate I used was 1:7! Thats one part bilberry to 7 parts water.

Took me longer to take the pics than it took to clean the wheels too! :lol:

So my tip for the day is to start weak and make it stronger when using dilutable products!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stew, do the Rays have some bubbling on them? Is the Biberry safe to use on wheels in this condition?

Reason I ask is that there is some slight bubbling on my alloys. Previous experience of using alloy wheel cleaner on a set of standard Toyota Celica wheels which had bubbling was that the cleaner got in under the corrosion and big chunks of laquer came off!!! The bubbling on my Rays is only small and none of it has cracked just slightly raised - so any issues using the Bilberry???

Well my Rays are goosed. The paint is cracked and everything.

They are in need of a refurb but haven't found the bilberry to make it any worse. It's a very neutral wheel cleaner and well diluted.

Wonder wheels would probably disintegrate them!

I used the bilberry for the first time today and i have to say its the best cleaner i've ever used. The wheels were really filthy on the inside rim, so i sprayed on a 1:1 dilution and gave them a quick scrub with the megs wheel brush. When i rinsed them with the pressure washer they came up sparkling. :thumbs:

My wheels do need a refurb so i wasn't to worried using it 1:1, didn't damage them whatsoever!! When i do get the wheels done, i will dilute down to 1:7 and wont let them get so dirty again. Overall 10 out of 10 i'll never use anything else again :#1:

I used the bilberry for the first time today and i have to say its the best cleaner i've ever used. The wheels were really filthy on the inside rim, so i sprayed on a 1:1 dilution and gave them a quick scrub with the megs wheel brush. When i rinsed them with the pressure washer they came up sparkling. :thumbs:

My wheels do need a refurb so i wasn't to worried using it 1:1, didn't damage them whatsoever!! When i do get the wheels done, i will dilute down to 1:7 and wont let them get so dirty again. Overall 10 out of 10 i'll never use anything else again :#1:

It works great at 1:10 and 1:5 shifts most things. I do it in the middle to save messing about but strengthen / weaken the solution if the need arises.

I doubt most wheels get as dirty as that day to day but it shows the power of the cleaner at low dilution rates.