Silkolene Pro s vs Royal Purple XPR

rtbiscuit

are these as good as each other or do people think that one is better. or does it not matter. i am drawn towards the Royal purple as it is different and seems to get good reviews, but from what i've heard silkolene is the market leader when it comes to quality.

Thing I don't understand about people recommending oils is what are the recommendations based on??

The engine didn't seize - great oil!

Ok, sometimes the car does smooth out with an oil change but then it's dirty to clean oil generally so there should be a difference.

On high HP cars different oils could effect cooling but on standard engines?

opie have a really god price on at the moment for silkolene i think its about £38 instead of about £50. and i know lots of people use it and it comes well reccommended on here. for me royal purple is the unknown quantity and its american where as silkolene is japanese (i think) i kind of feel i should put jap oil in my rice burner :lol:

Thing I don't understand about people recommending oils is what are the recommendations based on??

Ok, sometimes the car does smooth out with an oil change but then it's dirty to clean oil generally so there should be a difference.

agreed

but the 3.5 litre engine is like your standard 1.8 fiat engine. money is a swaying factor so may well go silkolene. would mena i have some extrra to spend on SS brake lines :teeth:

agreed

but the 3.5 litre engine is like your standard 1.8 fiat engine. money is a swaying factor so may well go silkolene. would mena i have some extrra to spend on SS brake lines :teeth:

That's what I'd be doing. The SS lines are complimented well by RBF600...... ;)

agreed

That's what I'd be doing. The SS lines are complimented well by RBF600...... ;)

am i right i nthinking i'd need 1.5 litres of brake fluid?