flippin ell.............

stuey

:rant: somebody has put 2 scratches on my car today in a car park by openin their door on to it about 3 inches long..... :angry: it really annoys me coz i take great care n pride in my cars B) and its always other people that damage it... if i ever caught some one being careless around my car :boxing: this is how they will end up :stretcher::crutches: it just soooooo annoys me... :rant:

I know exactly how you feel. My scratches came with a nice dent too. :rant:

These people must know they have done it. Yet dont have the decency to own up.

I partly blame the government for this too. They are the ones dictating how much land can be used for parking, therfore the spaces are smaller. Yet the average car is getting bigger....

Here is a document from one council and shows their standards for car park spaces - not that the difference between the "minimum" size and "optimum" size, is only a change in length. Not the width.

http://www.medway.gov.uk/parking_standards_20041-4.pdf

Width of space is 2.4m. Width of Z = just over 1.8m. Room each side = <300mm

So tell me - who can get out of their Z when the door is only open 300mm? That 300mm has to include the thickness of the door itself. (approx 120mm) So you have to get a human body out of a Z through a gap of 180mm or about 7 inches.

And get this....

The minimum size for an ON STREET parking bay is 1800mm wide. WTF?? That narrower than a ford focus?

Its about time the government let people have more room for parking, but alas, its yet another way of trying to encourage public transport usage - which is crap at best.

Also, the supermarkets should take more responsibility and make the spaces wider. Its a joke they put up a sign removing their liability for damage to vehicles, then expect people to park in spaces the size of a wendy house.

Some bar steward put a great scratch down the full length of my bonnet 2 weeks after I got it. Got quotes of up to £300 to sort it. Luckily there are still some honest people around. I took it for another quote to Premier Vehicle Care in Heaton Newcastle upon Tyne. He said it would probably cost around £250 but to wait in the reception while he looked at it. After 20 mins he’d polished the scratch out (perfect) and charged £10. What service. Wouldn’t use anyone else after that.

Hope you find someone as honest as these guys who can help you.

Unfortunately the worlds full of mindless morons. No educating them. You’ll just have to give the places they frequent a wide birth like the rest of us. My condolences.

No how you feel mate it happened to me on another car. Normally caused by mindless women in 4x4s with kids on supermarket carparks. What gets me its ok to scratch your car but heaven forbid they chip their nail varnish. :angry:

Feelin your pain mate I really am. I've not had it happen to my Z yet but I'm sure its not far off. Mindless idiots who can't take care enough to watch what they're doing, makes my blood boil mate it really does :rant::rant::rant:

My sympathies! :thumbdown:

It's been well documented that I seem to have more parking dings than anyone else on here (at least 4-5) just from the NCP at work. When you get so many in just 12 months the worry is that you sepnd a fortune having them fixed only for it to happen again! B@stards!!! :rant:

Had some barsteward reverse into my rear bumper today.

Nice couple of scratches and dents.

No note or anything :angry:

BTW why do supermarkets provide wide spaces for cars with kids.

What makes them so special or is it the old

women can't park thing :scare: