Looking to buy a 350z...

Hi all,

Newbie in the house. Just wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I'm looking to buy a Z coupe in September and have briefly looked around here and there. My budget isn't amazingly high being only 21, but looking to spend around £9500 max. Just wanted to know what are the basic things to look out for i.e. typical problems. Also had some specific questions:

- Does a high mileage (80-100k) matter on a Z?

- Are there any issues with imports apart from insurance?

- How can tell if it is an import?

- Which model should I be looking at?

Any help is much appreciated. Also if anyone out there is selling or knows of someone selling that's within my above budget feel free to shout :D

Cheers :thumbs:

Hi all,

Newbie in the house. Just wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I'm looking to buy a Z coupe in September and have briefly looked around here and there. My budget isn't amazingly high being only 21, but looking to spend around £9500 max. Just wanted to know what are the basic things to look out for i.e. typical problems. Also had some specific questions:

- Does a high mileage (80-100k) matter on a Z?

- Are there any issues with imports apart from insurance?

- How can tell if it is an import?

- Which model should I be looking at?

Any help is much appreciated. Also if anyone out there is selling or knows of someone selling that's within my above budget feel free to shout :D

Cheers :thumbs:

Welcome to the foum :thumbs:

If you do a search will find most of the answers - but I would have though your age might be a big problem with insurance companies - have you had any quotes?

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have a look at the sticky in the FAQ section, its has a few useful links for those looking to buy.

The engines are very good so dont worry about mileage if they have been looked after.

JDM are as good as UK cars.

The easiest spot is that imports generally have a square rear plate.

The spec depends on what you want and price.

Enjoy. :)

Welcome to the foum :thumbs:

If you do a search will find most of the answers - but I would have though your age might be a big problem with insurance companies - have you had any quotes?

I've been lucky with quotes. Got a quote of £1400 if I put myself as 2nd driver after my dad or £2000 for just myself.

Welcome to the gang. Pop up where you are from and see if anyone close wants to show you there Zed and have a chat.

Ah that would be great. I live up in North London, Wood Green area to be precise.