What are you doing at work.

Husky

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my colleagues is going down to London to meet someone from Warner Brothers on Saturday for the filming of Harry Potter : Deathly Hallows. We need to close Bovingdon Market and the surrounding roads.

I also arranged the road closures for Hippie Hippie Shake with Sienna Miller that is to be release this year and loads of others :snack:

Pretty interesting job closing a road for a helicopter chase scene but on the other hand arranging 2 way lights because the Gyppos have stolen manhole covers is a bit tedious :lol:

Ok, I'm back to work again.....

Just now acquiring some high rate data for a rather good producing oilwell in Angola and I'm away to do theoretical diagnostics on it to make sure that the recovery rate is what it should be for that reservoir.

Then I don't know as I work with Real Time data so who knows what will be thrown up!

I might call srobrien though for fun as I look after a couple of wells where he is based!

Sounds... fun? :p

Sooo tired, ive got a porsche and a lexus booked, i think i may have a nap in the lexus. If id thought this through i would have booked myself in with the merc for a seat massage like last time :yawn:

I might call srobrien though for fun as I look after a couple of wells where he is based!

Not any more mate, on the Elgin now, what you mean is you sit in an office drinking tea then when your pump breaks down, you get the operators to sit outside in the p*ssing rain for hours on end adjusting the choke valves whilst your engineers pretend to know what they are doing trying to fix it, until our rig sparkies notice that the engineers have rigged the motor polarity up the wrong way round? am i close :lol::lol:

R

Not any more mate, on the Elgin now, what you mean is you sit in an office drinking tea then when your pump breaks down, you get the operators to sit outside in the p*ssing rain for hours on end adjusting the choke valves whilst your engineers pretend to know what they are doing trying to fix it, until our rig sparkies notice that the engineers have rigged the motor polarity up the wrong way round? am i close :lol::lol:

R

Ehhhhhh I drink coffee....... ;)

I have worked on drill floors in quite a few countries and I tell you, these guys don't have dramatise things.

Ok, things are going swimingly here..... lost half the production from Romania for an hour this morning. Sorted that. Now I have an issue in Gabon and another one in Norway.

Will all be sorted soon though. Got to keep this oil price sensible! ;)

Well down enough so I can afford to run my toys but high enough that there is still drilling / project / completion work about and it's still worth producing the fluid.

If there is no production then Production Engineers are not really required..... :headhurt:

It's weighing affordable petrol (it'll never be cheap because of our government) against keeping my job!