My Mazda RX7 fc - picked it up today!

marzman

Hey all,

A lot of you will have seen my thread on getting a sub £1k drift car recently... well i found one on wednesday and i just picked it up today from Birmingham.

Me and 2 mates have bought it together - it was a bargain at only £600!

We got it back to mine and the 3 of us set to work on it... many hands make light work, i can tell you! Washed, waxed, buffed with a buffer - what a difference that made! Also masked off the rear window and resprayed the surround as it was fading.

The bodywork is in very good nick... paint is excellent with only a few little rust spots... but there are plenty of door dings.

As for the engine... im not sure how good it is! The car feels quick enough and revs very well - but it is rough as anything, and the exhaust is ridiculously loud - but not in a nice way! So far its set 3 car alarms off!

Hopefully before the drift day in 2 weeks im gonna get the wheels stripped and resprayed, as the white wheels date the car quite badly... but the best thing about the car is undoubtedly the pop up headlights... they're awesome!

The previous owner seemed to know what he was doing too... engine bay looked well maintained, all the fluids were good, it had a brand new clutch which he'd fitted and the dif has also been welded - which basically means you cant steer at low speeds - as both reat wheels spin at the same speed! Its a weird sensation :lol:

We've had a propper lads day today - something we've not done in years... all our girlfriends are pi**ed at us too! Oh, and we got the Transformers Angus 6 pack from Burger King on the way home! Brilliant.

Here are some pics!

Photo1023.jpg

Photo1027.jpg

Photo1028.jpg

Photo1033.jpg

Photo1034.jpg

Photo1035.jpg

Photo1036.jpg

Photo1038.jpg

Photo1040.jpg

Photo1042.jpg

Fitted some blue LEDs i had lying about. :lol:

Photo1043.jpg

The real highlight of the day!

Photo1025.jpg

B) Looks great chris - £600!! Bargain! they are rare indeed - love the number plate - is that the noise it will make on the track ..WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :lol:

Bring it to the next meet! B):teeth:

B) Looks great chris - £600!! Bargain! they are rare indeed - love the number plate - is that the noise it will make on the track ..WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :lol:

Bring it to the next meet! B):teeth:

Ha ha cheers Stan! Yeh i think it is a bit of a bargain... i think we could make money on it after how good we made

it look yesterday! We love the plate too... but thats the noise the passenger will be making when drifting!

I wont be bringing it to a meet anytime soon though, thankyou very much... although, no joke, i got more looks

yesterday in this than i do in the zed :dance:

Ha ha, you might not say that if you could see it... ots not one of the nice 'fd's which people recognise... its the previous gen :blush:

I know my Rex's well buddy. I owned one for long enough! lol

i know the diff between a FC and FD :thumbs:

Ha ha, you might not say that if you could see it... ots not one of the nice 'fd's which people recognise... its the previous gen :blush:

I know my Rex's well buddy. I owned one for long enough! lol

i know the diff between a FC and FD :thumbs:

Sweet! You'll be the first person i ask when it goes wrong then :lol:

• 3 weeks later...