Need Advice Please

Argyll

I had my 20" Ascari Penta Alloys painted a few days ago but I'm unhappy with the result.

I need them blasted to get the paint of them and I was just going to powder coat them. However I have been told not to as the wheels have studs around the rim which I think are just for cosmetic reasons and powder coat will not adhere properly to these studs.

The studs themselves are starting to corrode and I was also wondering if these can be replaced (see attached photo)?

I was told that when I get them blasted to ask for a light shot as a heavy shot would ruin the wheels for painting.

Apologies for the quality of the pictures but it's from my mobile phone and the best I can supply at the moment.

If they can and are to badly corroded. Couldn't I force them off and get them retapped and get new studs fitted or is that a no no.

One of my local places up here mentioned a place called Prestige (I think) down near London. He said if I want a top job then this is the place to go. Anyone heard of them?

If your getting the wheels powdercoated I would let them deal with stripping them or ask who they recommend locally - they will probably have a company they use when they do have to strip stuff.

As for the studs - I found on my fake split rims that they would just unscrew. Your best bet is to unscrew them all, get the wheel powder coated, replace any studs they are screwed and then just screw them back in - job done

If your getting the wheels powdercoated I would let them deal with stripping them or ask who they recommend locally - they will probably have a company they use when they do have to strip stuff.

+1, get in touch and they will direct you in the best way bud :thumbs:

Right I've found a place that seems very professional. I'm going to get them sprayed mid chrome. They managed to get some of the studs out. They don't have threads, they have a spline and they are more or less jammed in. They come out with a twist and pull.

The only problem is the studs are knackered and I need to get new ones. Does anyone know where I can buy these from? I need 80.

Right I've found a place that seems very professional. I'm going to get them sprayed mid chrome. They managed to get some of the studs out. They don't have threads, they have a spline and they are more or less jammed in. They come out with a twist and pull.

The only problem is the studs are knackered and I need to get new ones. Does anyone know where I can buy these from? I need 80.

Try gettin in touch with CS, he may have some contacts :thumbs: