What's best wheel/tyre size for Zed performance ?

mick43

Lot's of very nice wheel upgrades on forum :thumbs:

I'm considering the same myself, but would like a performance gain as well as looks.

What's considered the optimum wheel size/tyre combination (sizes not manufacturer) ?

Or is there nothing in it, so just buy what you fancy ?

Lot's of very nice wheel upgrades on forum :thumbs:

I'm considering the same myself, but would like a performance gain as well as looks.

What's considered the optimum wheel size/tyre combination (sizes not manufacturer) ?

Or is there nothing in it, so just buy what you fancy ?

A nice set of 18's with stock tyre sizes will be the best. You don't really need any wider tyres unless you're putting down silly power, so keeping unsprung weight to the minimum is the way to go. A set of TE37s would be awesome if a tad pricey, but tbh there's not a lot wrong with a set of Rays and then some decent rubber on there: I run the PilotSport 2s after recommendations on here, and they're simply incredible. If money was no object I'd do the wheels as well, but for now the grip + feel I get is more than enough for fast road driving.

A nice set of 18's with stock tyre sizes will be the best. You don't really need any wider tyres unless you're putting down silly power, so keeping unsprung weight to the minimum is the way to go. A set of TE37s would be awesome if a tad pricey, but tbh there's not a lot wrong with a set of Rays and then some decent rubber on there: I run the PilotSport 2s after recommendations on here, and they're simply incredible. If money was no object I'd do the wheels as well, but for now the grip + feel I get is more than enough for fast road driving.

If it's for posing then buy what you like the look of and get a good stance

If it's for performance then just upgrade rubber on Rays Forged.

+1 and what Ekona said. For perfomance, Rays with sticky rubber would be good enough, but for looks anything up to 20" is game.

If it's for posing then buy what you like the look of and get a good stance

If it's for performance then just upgrade rubber on Rays Forged.

+1 and what Ekona said. For perfomance, Rays with sticky rubber would be good enough, but for looks anything up to 20" is game.

also meant to ask thoughts on lowering with rays... is this a mod many have followed ?

Mine is lowered on Eibach Pro. I run 20s for posing and put the Rays on for winter and I'll use them for track too now I'm on that slippery slope!

also meant to ask thoughts on lowering with rays... is this a mod many have followed ?

Mine is lowered on Eibach Pro. I run 20s for posing and put the Rays on for winter and I'll use them for track too now I'm on that slippery slope!

+2