Help!! Anyone know what this noise might be???

Craig782

Ok so i took the Z out for a spin this morning drove down the road a couple miles and as i eased off i heard a fairly loud clicking noise coming from the engine area! Only could hear it around 1500 to 3000 revs but the only way i can describe it would be to say extremely loud tappits type sound! :scare:

I turned round and headed for home taking it easy but as warmed up it got less and less! I did also think she was missing a little when labouring but the noise was more worrying than that! :headhurt:

Going to try it again in the morning when really cold to see if does it again! It will be going into Nissan anyway but anyone know what this might be???

anyone?????

Ok so i took the Z out for a spin this morning drove down the road a couple miles and as i eased off i heard a fairly loud clicking noise coming from the engine area! Only could hear it around 1500 to 3000 revs but the only way i can describe it would be to say extremely loud tappits type sound! :scare:

I turned round and headed for home taking it easy but as warmed up it got less and less! I did also think she was missing a little when labouring but the noise was more worrying than that! :headhurt:

Going to try it again in the morning when really cold to see if does it again! It will be going into Nissan anyway but anyone know what this might be???

anyone?????

eek ?? Could just be a stuck tappet (has it been stood for ages?) - may be a loose cover somewhere on the engine or a belt catching or maybe not even the engine but bits in between the discs and back plate - I had this a while back - horrible noise! :surrender:

Alex may have some clues? :)

eek ?? Could just be a stuck tappet (has it been stood for ages?) - may be a loose cover somewhere on the engine or a belt catching or maybe not even the engine but bits in between the discs and back plate - I had this a while back - horrible noise! :surrender:

doesn't have tappets

ok just had a listen at lunch , I cant tell if its passenger side or not . i think its near the back of the engine could be drivers side but again not sure.

was serviced when i got it but it wasnt done by nissan , my owrry is that as its the 55k service it could be the dealer didnt do the cam belt so i rang and they are going to call back.

whats the fuel damper do and where abouts is it so i can try and have a more close look.

thanks

was serviced when i got it but it wasnt done by nissan , my owrry is that as its the 55k service it could be the dealer didnt do the cam belt so i rang and they are going to call back.

You have to ask questions when the service dept don't even realise straight away that the 350z doesn't need a cam-belt changed due to having the chain. :thumbdown:

ah does it have a chain , the service book sheets that i got say com belt change at 55k.

since its a chain could it be that clicking ?

(sorry total Z noob here )

I would want to question who did the service and explain actually what they did. Muppets

Ok just picked up this message as been working away! Will check later and let you all know but from reading that tech description is it at idle and i did think i was missing a little so hopefully this is the problem!

She's still under warrenty and booked in Nissan monday morning!!

It does sound similar to that you tube clip!

Yep got it back tonight, mine was the fuel damper and they also picked up a fault on the airflow sensor so that got replaced too! The guy at nissan told me you would not believe the amount of Zed's who report a ticking / knocking and when they come in have barley any oil in them on this type of engine!

I have noticed mine uses a shed load so always keep an eye on it anyway but be warned!

il keep that in mind !

mines in tomoz for a window alignment (could do it my self but it gets in the garage to check ) , cant wait to get the ticking gone so i feel safe so to speak.... then its phlenum spacer , intake , maybe exhaust and RS tuning here i come for a remap !