370 Test Drive

mattstoke

Hi All

I had a stroke of luck yesterday...while passing my local dealership I saw a shiny new white 370Z on the forecourt (it was a GT Ultimate - Fully Nav'd up, etc) I blagged the salesguy to let me have a drive which was another massive slice of luck as it is the Dealer principles car who hadn't drove it himself yet!

Anyway my impression was............... WOW.!!!! everything about the 370 makes you want one!!

1) The looks are fantastic, a lot more muscular than my 350, infact it made my beloved 350 parked next to it look a bit dare I say it Dated!!

2)Interior - is excellent - Very TT like - much much better quality than the 350 and the part leather part suede seats and door panels give it a look and feel of quality.

3) The gearbox and the Syncro rev are again both excellent.

4) the ride is a lot smoother than the 350, but still just as fun...kinda hard to describe really!!

In fact eveything about this car is excellent, the only down side initially was the engine sound which when i first heard after pressing the nifty start/stop button, was very quiet and again TT like.....but when you put your foot down it does sound a LOT better and a LOT meatier, perhaps not as much as the 350 but is does sound very good still

Sorry i didnt go into much detail but all I can say to all those who are doubters...go see and importantly DRIVE the car ASAP and for all who can't wait, then you wont be disappointed, it is a Great car and much better than the 350...difficult to imagine I know!!

In fact it was that good I put my order in for a WHITE GT ULTIMATE !!!

I cant wait for it to come...soooooon!!! Pleeeease!!!

Hi All

I had a stroke of luck yesterday...while passing my local dealership I saw a shiny new white 370Z on the forecourt (it was a GT Ultimate - Fully Nav'd up, etc) I blagged the salesguy to let me have a drive which was another massive slice of luck as it is the Dealer principles car who hadn't drove it himself yet!

Anyway my impression was............... WOW.!!!! everything about the 370 makes you want one!!

1) The looks are fantastic, a lot more muscular than my 350, infact it made my beloved 350 parked next to it look a bit dare I say it Dated!!

2)Interior - is excellent - Very TT like - much much better quality than the 350 and the part leather part suede seats and door panels give it a look and feel of quality.

3) The gearbox and the Syncro rev are again both excellent.

4) the ride is a lot smoother than the 350, but still just as fun...kinda hard to describe really!!

In fact eveything about this car is excellent, the only down side initially was the engine sound which when i first heard after pressing the nifty start/stop button, was very quiet and again TT like.....but when you put your foot down it does sound a LOT better and a LOT meatier, perhaps not as much as the 350 but is does sound very good still

Sorry i didnt go into much detail but all I can say to all those who are doubters...go see and importantly DRIVE the car ASAP and for all who can't wait, then you wont be disappointed, it is a Great car and much better than the 350...difficult to imagine I know!!

In fact it was that good I put my order in for a WHITE GT ULTIMATE !!!

I cant wait for it to come...soooooon!!! Pleeeease!!!

Performance did seem quicker...not by a ridiculous amount but I have a 55 plate 350, so the hike in BHP is definately noticable. TBH I was more impressed with the build quality and looks of the car...Perfomance was graet, but I expected it to be, if you know what I mean!, whereas I wasnt expecting to be particularly bowlded over by the looks and build but was!

The dealer was Holdcrofts in stoke, but they arent getting a demo until late July (in silver), this was the DP's car which I managed to blag a drive of, I have been past again today and its no longer there :thumbdown:

Performance did seem quicker...not by a ridiculous amount but I have a 55 plate 350, so the hike in BHP is definately noticable. TBH I was more impressed with the build quality and looks of the car...Perfomance was graet, but I expected it to be, if you know what I mean!, whereas I wasnt expecting to be particularly bowlded over by the looks and build but was!

The dealer was Holdcrofts in stoke, but they arent getting a demo until late July (in silver), this was the DP's car which I managed to blag a drive of, I have been past again today and its no longer there :thumbdown:

Was it a pukka full UK model? Only seen the demo cars around myself with the dodgy steering wheel lol

Sounds like it is a good progression over the 370z - will just have to wait a few years for them to come down to the sub 20K mark. Don't think I could stand the £1000s you loose from driving off the fore court

Was it a pukka full UK model? Only seen the demo cars around myself with the dodgy steering wheel lol

Sounds like it is a good progression over the 370z - will just have to wait a few years for them to come down to the sub 20K mark. Don't think I could stand the £1000s you loose from driving off the fore court

Yes it was a full production car, it was taxed etc as the "Demo Car" which meant I couldn't buy that exact one as it was registered to the garage and would have meant i would have been buying it 2nd hand after about a day.

Car should be with me for the new reg, 1st September! woohoo..cant wait for the summer to go!!! :lol:

Yes it was a full production car, it was taxed etc as the "Demo Car" which meant I couldn't buy that exact one as it was registered to the garage and would have meant i would have been buying it 2nd hand after about a day.

Car should be with me for the new reg, 1st September! woohoo..cant wait for the summer to go!!! :lol:

Yeah, not too long to wait but it'll seem like forever!

Just for the info of everyone, apparently all Dealers who want to take the 370 are getting an allocation of 2.7 (!?) cars between July and the end of the year!! (im presuming the 0.7 will be a bit cheaper! :lol: ) unless you are a performance centre who are getting a bigger allocation.

Thus best advice is to get one from the performance centres as delivery will be quicker...I will only get mine (fingers crossed) quite quickly as the dealer has had to do a "swop" with another dealer as the where I have ordered mine from has a silver GT Ultimate coming in as Demo in August, so they swopped with a dealer who is getting a White GT Ultimate in as Demo, but have not sold it yet...I suppose Silver is "Safer" from a dealers point of view anyway, but from mine the white looks stunning up close, lovely metallic finish very similar to that on my Azure blue 350.

Yeah, not too long to wait but it'll seem like forever!

Just for the info of everyone, apparently all Dealers who want to take the 370 are getting an allocation of 2.7 (!?) cars between July and the end of the year!! (im presuming the 0.7 will be a bit cheaper! :lol: ) unless you are a performance centre who are getting a bigger allocation.

Thus best advice is to get one from the performance centres as delivery will be quicker...I will only get mine (fingers crossed) quite quickly as the dealer has had to do a "swop" with another dealer as the where I have ordered mine from has a silver GT Ultimate coming in as Demo in August, so they swopped with a dealer who is getting a White GT Ultimate in as Demo, but have not sold it yet...I suppose Silver is "Safer" from a dealers point of view anyway, but from mine the white looks stunning up close, lovely metallic finish very similar to that on my Azure blue 350.

I sort of agree with you on the 350 looking dated when placed next to the 370z. I was looking at the 370 in the telegraph write up. It was in a dark mercury grey and looks awesome. I think being shorter it looks so much more in proportion around the back end. The more acute drop off on the bonnet is good too. Just not so sure about the radical light styling. But new ideas usually grow on us?

I sort of agree with you on the 350 looking dated when placed next to the 370z. I was looking at the 370 in the telegraph write up. It was in a dark mercury grey and looks awesome. I think being shorter it looks so much more in proportion around the back end. The more acute drop off on the bonnet is good too. Just not so sure about the radical light styling. But new ideas usually grow on us?