He's finally back...gearbox problems now???

Greekman

Well guys got the car back from the dealership..... :yahoo:

P2, exedy clutch and firanza flywheel, cusco break lines, bda disks and redstuff ferodo pads, rear camber bars, front cusco A arms, full wheel alignment with stupid cambers and new fluids for diff, gearbox, breaks and clutch.....plus some paint job B)

dont ask how much...all in all well over 4K....

and i am left with a 4 point undertray harness that can not in anyway be fitted with my stock exhaust.... :angry:

got the car initially back 10 days ago but on sunday the clutch slave cylinder failed.... :scare::rant:

ps cheers Darren for the advice! :thumbs:

The car got towed to the dealership on monday and got it back today with new clutch slave cylinder under guarantee... :teeth:

but now there is a rattle when i am pulling away on low revs like 1500 on 3rd gear and the chaps there said it could be the gear box because of the motul valvoline.... :wacko::headhurt:

going back tom for a test drive with the mechanic who did the work but could this be the reason???

the release bearing noise is much better now btw :)

Quite a bit of noise actually, its sounds like something rough is rubbing. :)

On idle its better than before..much better...its only when pulling away...like something is badly grinding....like 2 cogs together or loose exhaust...or something in between...we thought it was the exhaust at first....

but after they changed the slave cylinder its slightly less...

3rd gear 1500 revs u boot it and you can here it...so embarrassing...then at about 2000 it disappears although i v got a suspicion that it could be still slightly there but i ll try again today... :bang::headhurt:

Quite a bit of noise actually, its sounds like something rough is rubbing. :)

On idle its better than before..much better...its only when pulling away...like something is badly grinding....like 2 cogs together or loose exhaust...or something in between...we thought it was the exhaust at first....

but after they changed the slave cylinder its slightly less...

3rd gear 1500 revs u boot it and you can here it...so embarrassing...then at about 2000 it disappears although i v got a suspicion that it could be still slightly there but i ll try again today... :bang::headhurt:

Like I said mate, more than likely Gearbox Idler Gear.

Quite normal after fitting Lightened Flywheel.

Alex.