Which battery?

Jon350z

I really need to get a new battery, mine has failed on a few occasions leaving me needing to get a jump start. I've tested the battery, alternator etc and when its cranked the voltage of the battery drops to about 6 to 8 volts which is barely enough to start the car and like I said has failed me on a few occasions.

I want to get a decent battery, so looking at Optima red top's question is what side do I need, they do two Gr35 and Gr34 anyone know which one would be better for the zed?

Cheers

Jon

IMO a red top is an overkill for the Z untill you have some serious mods.

Personally I would just go town halfords. They have a decent range and offer a good warranty service too so that if you end up knackering it again they will often swap it no questions asked.

• 3 months later...

Right, dragging up an old thread, but my car wouldnt start this morning and I think the battery has finally had it - not bad for a 53 plate!

So when in Halfords what do I need to ask for? Can they find it looking it up on their computer? Or is it a case of finding one the same size as the OEM one? I havent a clue, so save me from buying the wrong one!!!

Right, dragging up an old thread, but my car wouldnt start this morning and I think the battery has finally had it - not bad for a 53 plate!

So when in Halfords what do I need to ask for? Can they find it looking it up on their computer? Or is it a case of finding one the same size as the OEM one? I havent a clue, so save me from buying the wrong one!!!

A good place should know exactly what you want Chris. But surely not Halfrauds? :surrender:

A good place should know exactly what you want Chris. But surely not Halfrauds? :surrender:

The one in Blasingsmoke isnt too bad actually, quite a few guys I know in there that know their stuff, but this isnt their stuff if you know what I mean :) If its a case of getting the right size and thats about it, then they'll get it right, but if you need a specific power or current then they might not realise :blush:

Not Halfords, they're usually wayyyyyyyy over priced! try anywhere else! I only say that because I often used to get bits from there untill I found out everywhere was cheaper, the catch is that Halfords is usually the closest/easiest place to get to :headhurt:

Not Halfords, they're usually wayyyyyyyy over priced! try anywhere else! I only say that because I often used to get bits from there untill I found out everywhere was cheaper, the catch is that Halfords is usually the closest/easiest place to get to :headhurt:

Not when you have a trade card you can borrow :teeth:

Not when you have a trade card you can borrow :teeth:

ahhh :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad your sorted, i too have just had to get a new battery. last weekend actually, ended up going straight to Halfords as it was Sunday, got a 4yr warranty with it and they fitted it too for £85 I thought that was not a bad price personaly.

I know Halfords isnt everyones cup of tea but i got fantastic service and was totally happy.

:thumbs: