Tiny white dots....

SteveW

Well after pasing the MOT I gave the car a good wash yesterday - its been a couple of weeks since it sbeen cleaned.

Well to my horror when it had dried I have found the car has lots and lots of tiny white spots all over the left hand side and bumper. They feel like and look very much like small spots of paint. As though they have been sprayed up from a cars tyres when I was following it or something. I don't recall seeing any paint anywhere. I supose when its been parked up a can of paint could have fallen off a lorry or something but I haven't seen any evidence of paint anywhere.

I rubbed one and it didn't come off I managed to get one off with my nail but others wouldn't budge and don't wanna do this becuase it will obviously scratch the paint plus there are thousands of them!

What do you think is the best plan of attack for getting rid of these?

Would a clay bar do it? I've never used one before - or would some Autoglym paint renovator be a better option?

Please help, my Kuro car looks like it has dandruff!!!

Thank you,

You could try a clay bar, otherwise resort to some celulose thinners then a wash and polish straight after should sort it. I had a similar prob where my bro sprayed his bike and the paint in the air covered my whole car, but managed to clay bar it off

You could try a clay bar, otherwise resort to some celulose thinners then a wash and polish straight after should sort it. I had a similar prob where my bro sprayed his bike and the paint in the air covered my whole car, but managed to clay bar it off

+1, clay or bug and tar remover. If that doesnt work, some kind of thinners should shift it. Although I'd be tempted to take it back to the garage and ask them a few questions ;)

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure its not the garages fault because they don't have a bodyshop there and they are a good set of lads but will go and speak to them just to check. Been going to them for years now.

Right I'll start with the clay bar and take it from there.

Cheers

Steve