Air Bag Warning Light (switching off)

Corrado

Hi,

Does anyone know how to reset/switch-off the air bag warning light?

I've had it checked and re-set once at a Nissan Main Agent who diagnosed it as a fault in the passenger seat side air bag unit - which they wanted £500 to replace.

Given that I don't carry passengers, and don't have £500 right now I just want to turn off the distracting red flashing light on the dash board (which has started flashing again a couple of weeks after it was re-set).

1. Does anyone know how to do this?

2. Can anyone recommend anywhere descent to get air bags fixed cheaper than Nissan, for when i have got the cash to sort it properly?

Thanks!

If you want to disable the airbag and get rid of the light then unplug the yellow plug under the passenger seat. Place a 2.2Ohm resistor across it and then do the airbag reset procedure. Job done - the passenger side airbag wont ever go off and the light wont come back on.

Just done the reset procedure and it's worked!

The first time the light had come on a bottle of water had rolled under the passenger seat, and last time I'd just been cleaning the seat, so as you are all saying it does sound like a over-sensitivity issue.

Thanks again for all the help!