Initial questions before my Zed arrives!!

rickya

As you may have read from my previous post I have almost bought a 2004 JDM. :teeth::teeth::teeth:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2493

I just have a few qu's about initial things to do.

1)The car has done 9,300 miles (apprx 15,000km) & I will need to start a Nissan Uk service bk. I do not have the Jap one, though I'm not sure if it would have had a service yet as it has done only 9,300 miles? The first thing I will do is send to Nissan for service. But which one (oil serv or something more major) bearing in mind the low mileage & that it will be the first stamp in the book? And what would it cost approx?

2)This is a bit unrelated but my first mod has to be getting rid of the "Ladyboy" badge off the back & take off rear Nissan badge. Will the UK 350z letters be wide enough in total to cover over the holes left in the centre of the boot where the Nissan badge was? Secondly will the black Z circular badge that goes on the side of the car fit on the front to replace the Nissan bonnet badge? ps I dont want to really spend £100 on badges from Germany.

Many thanks.

you can get the badges from Chris @ funkstyling. He has done group buys in the past. PM funkystyling to see if he still has some or check his website out,

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/item.php? ... eNumber=55

The wing badge is smaller and is a different fitting type.

As for service I would go for a major one for piece of mind. Always advise you ring around a few dealers to get a comparison in price and see which will price match.

I would be very interested to see the outcome of the '350z' badge on centre of the rear. I like the fairlady Z badge too, maybe that would look good as well if placed in the centre....

I dont think it will look good, but I will wait to see the pics :headhurt:

I would be very interested to see the outcome of the '350z' badge on centre of the rear. I like the fairlady Z badge too, maybe that would look good as well if placed in the centre....

I dont think it will look good, but I will wait to see the pics :headhurt:

I think the holes will be too big to be covered by the 350z :blush:

Aesthetics are aesthetics, if it looks good I don't mind what make or country's car it is. I think that its quite an original idea (like Porsche) putting the model insignia in the middle. Other wis every car has badge in the middle & model on left or right.

Well when I do the mod I'l post some pics, (ps not forgeting the fact I dont actually have my zed yet!!):blush:

Val payed £108 without oil

£102 :teeth:

mine only cost the oil &filter, do it yourself much cheaper :p

But you don't have a warranty to maintain, or do you? :blush:

no your quite right . I bought A JDM car really because I knew I was going to mess about changing things and didnt want to have to keep running back to dealers if I had a problem! , but I dont think it would go into a Nissan dealer if there was any warranty on my car, so long as it goes to a VAT registered garage and genuine parts are used in the service it will not affect any warranty issues :thumbs:

how are the Tein Flexes Tim? bargain @ £400 including EDFC! I thought about them but then didn't want to pay that smart@rse ;)

I,ll let you know Val When I get ,Em :thumbs:

Absolute bargain, if they're anything like the super street you'll be more than happy. If your fitting yourself be carefull when taking of the nuts make sure you use inpact sockets they round off so easy, oh and if the bolts dont pull out easily don't hit them with a hammer :blush: it's just that somethings not in line, best advice is use a trolley jack under and gentley move into position.