Tell me about coilovers!

R800NER

When it comes to suspension, I am a total nooby and have very little knowledge of what's out there.

My friend keeps telling me to get coilovers (but then again, he is a regular drifter on driftworks) and he said that I should get these for my zed:

HSD HR Monotube Coilovers.

HSDDC5500.jpg

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/

He says they are great. To be honest, I just want more info on practicality, how good they are and whether they are worth it??

The group buy will be lowering the price as low as £560inc VAT...

Any basic info or opinions appreciated!

Just wanted to go a bit lower eventually. He said I might as well get coilovers.

To be honest, I am unlikely to track more than once a year as I am going to buy an MK2 MR2 or a Subaru for a track car project, might as well put the money towards that instead?

Mine is a road car & I went for coilovers. The main reason was the fact that I could adjust the height if I found that the car was too low to get around whereas I couldnt have done that with springs :)

Just wanted to go a bit lower eventually. He said I might as well get coilovers.

To be honest, I am unlikely to track more than once a year as I am going to buy an MK2 MR2 or a Subaru for a track car project, might as well put the money towards that instead?

Its a great price for coilovers, whereas your likely to be paying £200 or so just for the springs.

If its just for appearance purposes then springs is the way to go.

Gaz