terminator

LRF4N

terminator 2 judgement day...wot a film

watchin it as we speak lol seen it a million times dont think il ever get sick of it. 3 was a disappointment, 4 wasnt that much better... only good thing about 3 was kristanna loken! but 2 will always be a classic. the truck/bike chase....the SFX... arnies one liners.... the eerie music... the rest just dont have it. if christian bale wasnt in 4 it woulda been crap but back to the telly for me...

hasta lavista....baby...

it was a decent effort but the storyline wasnt up to much and there was too much cheese for my liking lol. didnt have the fear factor of a baddie terminator. better then 3 but still miles apart from 2

The fear issue didnt bother me too much.

Yes - i see what everyone is saying that the fear factor is the best thing, but as the characters have been living with many terminators for many years, they're less likely to be terrified of every single one, when they have to face them on a daily basis!

lol true but thats wot makes terminator wot it is.the story has moved on but the style of the film was totally different as well. theres a contract for parts 5 and 6 but i still think 2 wont be beaten, its just too good lol. the action and effects were really good in 4 but 2 was just legendary.

can u tell its one of my fav films of all time? lol

I could go on all day about films and I usually do :lol: (especially cus I review them occasionally for a friends magazine/website) but the first Terminator movies (Cameron ones) are vastly superior to the later ones.

Despite being a sci fi film the early ones have a kind of terrifying believability and the Terminators are much more threatening for their lack of compromise. You couldn't fight them in normal terms because they were unstoppable and that's what made the cat-and-mouse chases more frantic and engaging.

*Spoilers*

The new one especially seems to have the Connor slug it out for hours with them. Why didn't the terminator just snap his neck is a second? Or why didn't they just just kill Reese when they caught him? No more Reese, no more Connor!

Anyway that's my rant over. I would say though anyone that likes the old ones would better appreciate the series. It's not fast but much more thoughtful and the terminators are genuinely brutal. If you've seen the moment when a major character gets killed at the end of the second season without so much as a blink from the T888 you'll know what I mean. :scare::evil:

i like how u put it phil, couldnt agree more. speaking of connor/reese this is one thing il never get my head round....reese gets sent back in time where he conceives john... but john has already taken part in the war.....

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: