SHE'S FARTING......

Vik54

Well - not quite farting :blush: a bit of an exhaust gurgle on start-up and then strong smell of fuel outside the car. This happens when starting form cold or hot, but not all the time. No warning lights or any other problems...........is this normal? It only started happening yesterday..........doesn't happen every time and if I'm starting up again after a recent run - i.e. within the last half hour I depress the throttle too.....I've been told its just a bit of unburned fuel.......what's the general consensus folks? :headhurt:

When switching off after a run do you blip the gas? Or do you blip it when starting? If so dont as it throws unburnt fuel onto the cat . If not the fuel cutoff vave may be at fault?not end of world but get it checked next service

• 7 months later...

mines an auto and mines farting too lol but no unburnt fuel,when driving can sound like a whine at times and i thought could be a propshaft noise or diff etc but i realised todya its a noise from exhaust strange type of blow noise but unlike an exhaust with an air leak. had a look and also cant find any air leaks etc. any ideas

• 2 years later...

Well - not quite farting :blush: a bit of an exhaust gurgle on start-up and then strong smell of fuel outside the car. This happens when starting form cold or hot, but not all the time. No warning lights or any other problems...........is this normal? It only started happening yesterday..........doesn't happen every time and if I'm starting up again after a recent run - i.e. within the last half hour I depress the throttle too.....I've been told its just a bit of unburned fuel.......what's the general consensus folks? :headhurt:

bump

just notice the same problem with mine today, sounds like someone's blowing a raspberry from the exhaust (I believe that's a good, technical description).