Picked up the beast yesterday!!!

I picked up ma gun metal GT yesterday =)

i am muchos happy with it! im getting way more looks in ma Zed than i ever got in my stripy done up fiesta ST!

I always thot that it would be really revvy but no, its just really torqy at low revs. in fact i keep comparing the drive to my dads aston martin. the way the engine just burrs and wallows.

havnt been able to stop :teeth:

just one niggle tho. the car crunches going into fifth quite alot. is this common?

will post picks later!! i would now but, im going a drive!!! ha

I picked up ma gun metal GT yesterday =)

i am muchos happy with it! im getting way more looks in ma Zed than i ever got in my stripy done up fiesta ST!

I always thot that it would be really revvy but no, its just really torqy at low revs. in fact i keep comparing the drive to my dads aston martin. the way the engine just burrs and wallows.

havnt been able to stop :teeth:

just one niggle tho. the car crunches going into fifth quite alot. is this common?

will post picks later!! i would now but, im going a drive!!! ha

Sounds like the syncromesh issue......

Is gear change 'crunching' common !!!!!!!!!!???? :scare::wacko::doh:

I agree- Synchromesh.

ha, i meant is this quite a common fault with these gear boxes and can it be fixed. its fine if you dont try and just quickly change into fifth. if you clutch-pause-shift its fine.

i shalll now type synchromesh into the search box haha.

love the car! been driving all weekend. love the sound of it. its almost electric or jet engine like. sounds like its supercharged, which of course its not, but its not a deep tone like my fiesta.

So I emailed the garage about the gearbox synchromesh problem going into fifth and they replied saying...... that the warranty book should be with me in a few days, call the number on it and they will arange to get it in a local garage for me. =)

i think that means the garage must have given me some kind of 3rd party extended warranty on the car am i right?

again, im not sure of the details of this warranty so lets just hope it covers my gearbox problem!! Not that it bothers me that much, but its ma new baby, i want it perfect :dummy:

oh, and also, they had put my fiesta up for sale yesterday that i part exchanged, and it sold today, for quite abit more than they gave me for it, dam, i should have sold it privatly but i was far too impatient. Not to worry i've still got my Zed :teeth:

heres a link to my old fezza, it will be missed

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=128818&pageid=1&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=2&start=6&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200925336239946

You are so much better off with the Z my friend, with the greatest of respect I followed a Fiesta looking exactly like that only 3 days ago and I remember thinking to myself 'why would anybody buy that car when this one is on the market!' No matter how you dress it up or how many go faster stripes you stick on it, its a Ford! Glad you saw the light!! :lol:;)