Anyone experienced this??!!! *Help Please*

shire350Z

Sometimes when starting the car i get a horrid noise as if iv over turned the key like a terrible grinding noise!!!! it can do it when the car is out of gear or in (obvioulsy clutch depressed)!!!! sometimes just for a split second then fires up other times for slightly longer before i quickly turn it off, then will fire up fine a second later!!!

Doesnt happen all the time sometimes not for ages then can be quite often, the clutch and flywheel were swapped about 8000 miles ago and seem fine!!!

Worrying though, anyone got any ideas before i go see the local garage or stealers :thumbs:

cheers alex with my limited knowledge and time at the moment ill probally let the local garage do it should a good clean do it then or may i need a new one?? if so any ideas on thr price of them?!, also my fan belt is squealing a little, can they be tensioned? or is it a time for a new one?!! :thumbs:

cheers alex with my limited knowledge and time at the moment ill probally let the local garage do it should a good clean do it then or may i need a new one?? if so any ideas on thr price of them?!, also my fan belt is squealing a little, can they be tensioned? or is it a time for a new one?!! :thumbs:

Just make sure its a garage you trust or they could take it off clean it up,refit it but charge you for a new one. :thumbdown:

There is no fan belt on the VQ35 as such.

There are two belts, the main serpentine belt and the aircon belt, and both are adjustable.

If the starter motor is only sticking then a clean will fix it, but if it is an internal electrical fault within the starter then a replacement starter will be required, or it may be a faulty starter motor soleniod which is part of the starter motor.

A new starter motor from Nissan is £420.40.

I have preowned starter motors available at £125.00.

Also check that the ignition switch is not sticking. ;)

Alex. :thumbs:

that happened to mine just the once. It was when i went to stay with martin and liz. Met up with mart, turned the key and the most awful bag of spanners grating noise - never happened again since.

There is no fan belt on the VQ35 as such.

There are two belts, the main serpentine belt and the aircon belt, and both are adjustable.

If the starter motor is only sticking then a clean will fix it, but if it is an internal electrical fault within the starter then a replacement starter will be required, or it may be a faulty starter motor soleniod which is part of the starter motor.

A new starter motor from Nissan is £420.40.

I have preowned starter motors available at £125.00.

Also check that the ignition switch is not sticking. ;)

Alex. :thumbs:

cheers alex